Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Style Every Day?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some days I have style to spare: accessories, shoes, outfit, hair, makeup...all exactly right for where I am going and what I am doing.

And some days are, well, today. I wore sweatpants in public! I was up late hitting a big deadline and up early with one of my kids who has decided getting up at the crack of dawn is A-OK. I got makeup on and my hair looked good, but the rest? Let's just say the only difference between me and people who wear their PJs in public was that my outfit did not have bunnies on it.

And you know what? I'm going to argue that sometimes, that's okay. Life happens. If you have a baby under six months and manage to pull together a decent look even once a week, you're awesome. If you are busy with kids, work or volunteer committments, and the rest of your life, then it's ok that sometimes you think first about comfort. Sweats or yoga pants aren't OK everywhere....I wouldn't wear them out to a restaurant (unless it was a coffeehouse/smoothie shop and I had, in fact, just gone to yoga), to a social gathering, or (heaven forbid) to church. But the grocery store and school pickup? Sure.

Everyone has no-style days. Even my most gorgeous friends sometimes do the messy ponytail and the sweats because that's what they have time and energy for. I will always argue that putting some effort into your appearance makes you feel better about yourself. But some days it's effort enough to even get out of your PJs, and that's OK.

What do you think? Do you allow yourself no-style days?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I don't wear sweatpants out unless i'm going walking..No style day for me is like yoga pants.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Almost everyday is no style day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I normally wear just shorts, capris, tshirt, flipflops and tennis shoes.

VisionSeeker
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Absolutely I allow myself no style days.  Where'd we be without them ;)

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

lol...mostly every day for me...

EbonySnow
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

if I'm at home and cleaning I wear comfys

ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Heck yes

bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM

i discovered yoga pants when i googled what to wear with broken ankle [bone went thru the skin 5 inches]. Covering the big fat cast from toes to knee and being warm for the next year was a concern when pantyhose and slacks would not fit over the cast. Yoga pants did the trick, as dh's sweat pants cut off circulation above the knee. So i guess the new look will be one sneaker, YOGA PANTS, with a surgical sock over the cast and wheelchair for awhile. i am amazed by the fact that nearly everyone runs over to hold the door open for me as I navigate the office building containing my surgeons office ... never got that reaction in my in-style clothes.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I have pj days, but I DO NOT go out in public lol. 

BeachMommy07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I like those sweatpants! I like yoga pants...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN