Group Home

Do you get along with your in-laws? If not how do you cope?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
jennymajchszak
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

We have not talked to DH Mom or step dad in 4 years  after some things came out I told them they did not have NO grand kids . but we do talk to his Dad and Stepmom and we get along with them .

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Well my fil (which I do not even really call him that), was never in dhs life much. I have met him a few times but he sure likes to place blame on mil and to me is creepy lol! My mil and my dhs granmother raised him. At first they were both against me bc dh always did as he was told but then started breaking the rules when I came around! She (mil) even tried to talk my dhs bestfriend into talking him out of the wedding! However, she never said anything to my face! 5 years of marriage later she finally has come around and is very helpful! And especially now that we gave her a grandbaby! I think she is grateful now days lol! So yeah it took time but we got there!

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My mil and I get along great. She has two sons. I married her baby and the older one will probably never get married or have kids. So yeah, I am like a daughter to her. She has two great grandkids too. :)

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I tolerate them.

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My mil is deceased now.   I had good times and some bad times with her.  My fil lives with the youngest daughter and I don't talk to her.  So dh talks to his dad on the cell phone and we don't see him to much. 

mmeredith
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I hate my SIL love my BIL. My husband only has 1 brother so thankfully I don't have too many in laws to see. I don't visit them, I don't go to there house for birthdays or holidays. My husband and kids go but I can not even try to attempt to visit anymore.  She is also not invited to any of my kids birthdays. My MIL lives 13 hours away and is only in town 1 week of the year and she could care less about husband or kiddos so I don't ever have to see her.

hlzcmjzajz
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I absolutely love my in laws; as a matter of fact I like them better than my own family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I love mine

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
yes for the most part
Karissa_ruiz
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Yeah we get along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80