Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rethinking a fake tree

Posted by   + Show Post
We always buy real trees for.christmas but I've been looking at these fake ones and they're looking better and more real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (51-58):
thehickinhickor
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

we plant a tree every yr i do not trust a real one in door unless it's alive. we buy one in a pot and use it to hang some little hand made things no light on it. then new yrs day we plant it some where either at a friend or our house. i feel it's a good start to the new yr to give back a tree 

aubsmom09
by Erin on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We love our fake tree!  We got one for super discounted after Christmas one year.  I do miss cutting down our own tree and the smell of a real tree.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate real. My parents always get them and I hated looking for one. The poor tree took all that time growing just for someone to come cut it down, put some crap on it and then discard it when it wasn't looking pretty enough anymore. I don't like the idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Pssstt Santa will still come down the chimney even for a fake tree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I forgot to say we have a nice looking fake one and also, I don't mind when people buy potted ones to decorate and then plant.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I've had my fake tree for at least 5 years,now, but I prefer a real tree, because I love the smell of pine and I miss the tradition of going to the countryside and picking out trees, at one of the tree farms.

But now, I'm thinking about getting a real tree...especially now that we're living in my childhood home.  I gotta find that pretty tree-top angel.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Love our fake tree :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

daerca574
by Danya on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I have a fake 7.5 ft tree and I love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)