Group Home

What do you do

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 22 Replies
When your kids act up in a store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Being a single mom I take DS with me everywhere. When i go shopping its because i need things not because i want. Sometimes he decides to act up because he doesn't want to be there. I will take him outside or to a corner and give him quiet time this has been working. He would be getting his way if I left too which doesn't fly with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM
With the exception of my toddler my other 2 are older and don't act up anymore. I will say that I have walked away from them when they use to act up or simply leave my entire cart with their beloved items and walk out the store. They knew they were in sooooo much trouble when that happened, lol. They never acted up again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM
It's tough all around... I don't miss that phase, but I will have to buckle down because my toddler is starting to act up in stores now :(. A 10yr age gap between my oldest and my youngest is a total reality check for me.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Being a single mom I take DS with me everywhere. When i go shopping its because i need things not because i want. Sometimes he decides to act up because he doesn't want to be there. I will take him outside or to a corner and give him quiet time this has been working. He would be getting his way if I left too which doesn't fly with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Depends on how they are acting up. Just whining, I ignore it.

If it gets bad we go to car and wait it out. Then return to shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I leave with them. I just leave everything in my basket and leave.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM
My kids are (thankfully) very well behaved and I've never had this problem. Hoping my next will be the same, lol.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

thankfully they are pretty well behaved but there has been a few times that i've simple left the store, no matter how much was in my cart.   i'm not one to keep giving warnings & have them disrupting everyone else in the store

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:48 AM

My son is allowed to walk beside me until he misbehaves. If he misbehaves, he gets placed into the basket while I finish my shopping.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Mine dont
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM
When they were younger they would get put in the cart. Now thankfully they know better! They are 9 and 6. They learned by the age of 3 how they had to behave in a store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci