Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your kids act up in a store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
mes_deux_amours
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I don't leave the store I'll tell you that. That would give them exactly what they want and teach them how to rule the roost; "oh I'll just start crying and mom will run me right out of the store". I don't think so. Depending on the offense determines my reaction. Usually they are cart bound if misbehaving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Dd has never done that. Thank goodness. I would probably discuss her behavior once, and then leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
The lesson we are currently teaching dd is that for every action, there is an equal reaction, and wether the reaction is positive or negative depends on her. And sometimes, the reaction doesn't come until later... Like when you realize you want to have a sleepover this weekend...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM

My kids don't act up in the store. I outline my expectations of them in the car, and they follow them.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Mine are 6 and 9 years old so I normally tell them to behave when we get there and they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Mine pretty much behaved.  Sometimes I used distraction or a loss of privilege like walking beside etc.  But rarely do they act up.

maxswolfsuit
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:51 AM

We have left the store. There are times when we just suffer through it until we get home. 

It's only happened a couple of times. 

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM

mine doesn't.

EbonySnow
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

usually my DH takes her outside til she can act right

bizzyx4
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I try not to shop alone. Hubby always goes with me. If the kids start being naughty one of us takes them to the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN