Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm totally disappointed :-(

Posted by   + Show Post
My 13 year wedding anniversary is Tuesday. My husband texted me on my way home from work to be ready at 5:30 and wasn't telling me where we were going. I got all excited! Well I get home and showered and discover he has the kids dressed in their "sunday best." Yup, no sitter... He has planned to take our two children to our anniversary dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they are 5 & 3 and not the most fun to take to dinner since I spend most of the time taking someone potty or reminding them they have inside voices. I won't lie, I'm totally disappointed, I was excited to be getting a date night :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM

that would be a pain. maybe he can make up for it.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Then you just need to tell him you're not playing that anymore. But you have to stick to it. And there will be an arguement, and there will be whining. But oh well.

Quoting Punkie74:

We tried that on Mother's Day... It was not a success... Dad is not the best at getting them to mind... They know he's a softy!
Quoting EireLass:

Why doesn't he do potty time, lower your voice time, etc? Why are you always doing it? Tell him they can only go if he's willing to take over the dinner time parenting....you're not in the mood.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

aww im sorry. hubby gets an A for effort but an f for lack of sitter.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Oh I'm sorry. What a bummer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM
well after u get home get kids in bed maybie u should make him make it up to u..tell him do the laundry and do the dishes than rub my feet .lol
at lest he remembered..mine never did.
Karissa_ruiz
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I'm sorry, I totally understand why you'd feel that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

oh, sorry you didn't get the anniversary dinner you were expecting.  i hope you still had a nice time though

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I'm sorry.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

HUGS and hope you have a great night..I totally understand tho... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Awe I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN