Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They say it's socialization...

Posted by   + Show Post
I have one kiddo who homeschools and one kiddo who goes to public school...i am ALWAYS told that my kiddo who is homeschooled will be socially awkward...but here i sit at the pool and my home schooled kiddo is playing with a group of kiddos that he met on his own and my public school kiddo is playing by himself and he keeps coming to me saying he wants to go home he's not having any fun...smh...

So are my kiddos just weirdos (which i think they are weirdos), or are people just stereotyping home schooled kiddos...what's your opinion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

im homeschooling my son and lemme tell ya he is NOT shy to meet new ppl in fact i have to tell him NOT to always talk to ppl LOL...he is almost 6

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah my tablet broke for like the second time...they finally just sent me a new one...lol...so hopefully it will be fine now...lol (fingers & toes crossed for luck)...we are doing good...enjoying some fall break down time :o)

Quoting dusky_rose:

Awwww! I was thinking the same thing the other day. I hadn't seen you on and then there you were. :-) Actually my ex homeschooled her, she doesn't live with me. Right now we are all sick here. How are you doing?

Quoting jpalmer:

Everytime i see your screen name and avi it just makes me smile :o) How have you been? How's the kiddos? If you don't mind me asking what curricula did you use? We are using Christian Light Publication...and we LOVE it...

Quoting dusky_rose:

I think its stereotyping. My oldest dd is very shy (and was home schooled) and my youngest son is very outgoing (he makes friends where ever he goes).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

LOL I bet its hard to walk like that. Good to have you back!

Quoting jpalmer:

Yeah my tablet broke for like the second time...they finally just sent me a new one...lol...so hopefully it will be fine now...lol (fingers & toes crossed for luck)...we are doing good...enjoying some fall break down time :o)

Quoting dusky_rose:

Awwww! I was thinking the same thing the other day. I hadn't seen you on and then there you were. :-) Actually my ex homeschooled her, she doesn't live with me. Right now we are all sick here. How are you doing?

Quoting jpalmer:

Everytime i see your screen name and avi it just makes me smile :o) How have you been? How's the kiddos? If you don't mind me asking what curricula did you use? We are using Christian Light Publication...and we LOVE it...

Quoting dusky_rose:

I think its stereotyping. My oldest dd is very shy (and was home schooled) and my youngest son is very outgoing (he makes friends where ever he goes).

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Hey mrswillie...haven't seen you in a while...how have you been???

I answerd angie a couple of replies above your first one...but for short my youngest is sick ALL the time...my middle is bealthy as a horse...lol

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I think it just depends on the kid.  Out of curiousity, why is one home schooled and one not?

I was wondering this also.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I think it depends on the parent and kid(s). My aunt-in-law homeschooled 4 out of her 6 boys. The 4 she homeschooled are BEYOND socially awkward...like, literally, they scatter like cockroaches when people come in the room and they won't sit and socialize with the rest of the family at gatherings.

They're the types that give homeschoolers a bad name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah it's a constipated walk...lol...thanks for the welcome back :o)

Quoting dusky_rose:

LOL I bet its hard to walk like that. Good to have you back!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting dusky_rose:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting dusky_rose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Is it bad that i just pictured little kids the size of roaches scattering...lol...sorry i am beyond tired...stupid swimming wore me out!!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

I think it depends on the parent and kid(s). My aunt-in-law homeschooled 4 out of her 6 boys. The 4 she homeschooled are BEYOND socially awkward...like, literally, they scatter like cockroaches when people come in the room and they won't sit and socialize with the rest of the family at gatherings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao! Picture them as teenagers and you literally have the right picture!

Seriously...it's sad

Quoting jpalmer:

Is it bad that i just pictured little kids the size of roaches scattering...lol...sorry i am beyond tired...stupid swimming wore me out!!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Sorry they are that afraide of society...maybe they will grow out of it...your aunt needs to get them involved in something...

Quoting beadingmom17:

Lmao! Picture them as teenagers and you literally have the right picture!

Seriously...it's sad

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I think it depends on the kid.  I also think Homeschooling has gotten a bad rap because of a few individuals that probably don't really teach their kids anything.  Know what I mean?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)