Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They say it's socialization...

Posted by   + Show Post
I have one kiddo who homeschools and one kiddo who goes to public school...i am ALWAYS told that my kiddo who is homeschooled will be socially awkward...but here i sit at the pool and my home schooled kiddo is playing with a group of kiddos that he met on his own and my public school kiddo is playing by himself and he keeps coming to me saying he wants to go home he's not having any fun...smh...

So are my kiddos just weirdos (which i think they are weirdos), or are people just stereotyping home schooled kiddos...what's your opinion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Replies (51-56):
Rain2Rinse
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Text me, pronto. My phone is being retarded and I don't have your number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by Julie on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Homeschool kids are so stereotyped! He will be fine!!!!! I have lots of friends that were homeschooled and they are more outgoing than me who was not homeschooled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM
But they get it from YOU!!! Lmao!!!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yes your children are weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Shush your pie hole!

Quoting jpalmer:

But they get it from YOU!!! Lmao!!!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yes your children are weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

ppl are dumb lol. unless a homeschooled child is locked in a closent all day then said child is going to be around other ppl lol and socializing... maybe not in a classroom at a desk where he/she has to raise a hand to speak or a playground for 20 min with the same kids from the same neighborehood the same age for many years but will still somehow learn to be social and play and talk. :) and NO I'm trying to slam schools any child can be shy any child can get board anychild can want to go home. but of the homeschooled kids I know most play well communicate well have lots of friends the only socially akward kids I know are public schooled - but I know more kids that are public schooled than not.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I think it is just a stereotype thing. All kids are different regardless of how they are schooled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN