Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dryers, printers & car repairs

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

oh my!!!  these are the big expenses we have for the next few months.  we've been without a printer for about a year & i thought we could forgo one for longer but now my daughter's getting assignments in school that requir us to have one or spend $$ at kinkos.

we still need to finish up the repairs on the car from the damage that was done when the tire blew a few weeks ago.  we got what we needed done to be able to drive it but there are still a few minor issues we need to take care of.

then two weeks ago our dryer went.  it's cheaper for us to replace it rather than repair it but can't afford either right now.

oh the joys of being an adult.

so what are some of the big expenses you have in your life at the moment?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I just had to get new tires and replace the sewer line I hope nothing else anytime soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubsmom09
by Erin on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Big expenses stink big time.  About 6 months ago we had to replace our stove and dishwasher.  I also recently got new tires on my car.  Nothing big since those. *crossing fingers*

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM

our car

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM
That's just what I was going to say! I was just saying to Tom today that I think the dishwasher and stove are going out. They are both doing wired things. Hopefully we can hold on until after Christmas. Way after lol

Quoting aubsmom09:

Big expenses stink big time.  About 6 months ago we had to replace our stove and dishwasher.  I also recently got new tires on my car.  Nothing big since those. *crossing fingers*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubsmom09
by Erin on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

fingers crossed

Quoting MamaJane:

That's just what I was going to say! I was just saying to Tom today that I think the dishwasher and stove are going out. They are both doing wired things. Hopefully we can hold on until after Christmas. Way after lol

Quoting aubsmom09:

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

This has been an expensive year for us.

1st, our refrigerator in the garage went.  We replaced it with something made for the garage (that is either a refrigerator or a freezer, not both).  Then our chest freezer went.  Replaced that.  Then discovered I had a leaky tire.  Decided to replace all of them.  Then a tie rod went on my car.  Then my CD player and a headlight went on my car.  These are all fixed and paid for...

Our TV frequently had to be hit to get a picture, so we know we'll be replacing it soon.  It's an older huge monster, so replacing the TV will also mean replacing the stand for it, as the one we have won't work with the wider TV's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN