Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its time to get the bbb involved with sears

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have been waiting for a $150 food loss check from sears since march! First it was "oh the tech cant file for food loss you have to call this number nobody ever gave you and request it yourself" then it was "it was sent out let me see what is holding it up"
Finally about 2 weeks ago someone realized it was sent to the wrong address! They had been to my house 3 times and verified my address every time I called. I called a lot too!
So now I'm contacting the bbb and will be requesting the full $200 I am entitled to. I never bothered requesting the other $50 even though I had at least $300 of food loss because I couldn't even get the first $150 out of them!
I am so done with sears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM
What is a food loss check?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention 2 weeks ago I was promised by a supervisor she would put a rush on tracing the check they sent out to make sure it hadn't been cashed and would call me back within 2 days. No return call. I'm not getting anywhere with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Sorry I had a master protection plan which covers up to $200 worth of ruined food plus repairs on the fridge (they never could figure out the fridge and did finally replace it last month) in the case of the fridge breaking. It kept freezing my food then sometimes it wouldn't even turn on! Way more food spoiled than they will pay for.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Whoa. I'm so sorry Hun. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Oh then yes, file a complaint. Have you called the store manager? I'd be on them every week...

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Sorry I had a master protection plan which covers up to $200 worth of ruined food plus repairs on the fridge (they never could figure out the fridge and did finally replace it last month) in the case of the fridge breaking. It kept freezing my food then sometimes it wouldn't even turn on! Way more food spoiled than they will pay for.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM
The store managers wont help. We have a case manager working on our case because nobody else would do anything for us. Strangely sears seems to have customer service reps on sites like this (different group) and they saw my post saying nobody would fix the fridge. They gave me the number to call. The case manager cant close our case until we get the check but he says that is a different department and he cant do anything to help us get it.
instead we just get annoying phone calls. Sometimes its at 6 am on a Saturday morning when this guy calls to see if we received our check.
the managers at the food loss department don't help me either. They just make empty promises.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Oh then yes, file a complaint. Have you called the store manager? I'd be on them every week...

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I have only received empty packages delivered here from one of their stores. I emailed the customer service CEO person and he took care of it.  I would never buy appliances through sears or walmart.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM
How ridiculous. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Good luck!

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I hope you get your check!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)