Group Home

Batten down the hatches, Sandy is on her way here!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 35 Replies

Yes ladies she is on her way to Delaware and Jersey. While they keep changing where she is going to slam into, its certain, the whole mid atlantic coast is going to get smashed. They have already closed the main road at the beaches here, and the indian river inlet bridge due to flooding. I am not at the beach but its going to be bad anywhere in De. We have put some boards up on the windows, got new flash lights and batteries as well. candles and snacks and non persishables too. Dh has to work tonight and im sure tomorrow too but they might be made close. 

I found a few pics of the effects that sand has alrady had thought I would share. check replies as well

This is Ocean city maryland parking lot, if your familialr its where the rides and board walk is.

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Rt 1 in delaware beaches. Delaware state trooper stuck in the flood waters.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM

wow. I am praying for everyone's safety

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

That is what is happening already, it is still many miles out to see, it hasnt even made the curve up here yet and its pretty bad.

Quoting alliesmom112:

wow. I am praying for everyone's safety

koolkidsmom
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Don't forget a big ice chest and ice for things you need to use like sod, water, etc.  The longer you can keep the frig doors closed the longer it will stay cold.  If you have a charcoal grill don't forget propane and it would be great if u have a side burner for cooking coffee, and other things that will start melting.  I'm in Miami so I speak from LOTS of experience.  you can't do much cooking over Sterno and sometimes  lights are out for weeks,  A little gas burner stove or grill with side burner seems like a lifesaver.  It kills me to throw out food so i tried to cook as much as I could to save it.  You can freeze l or 2 liter soda jugs with fresh water and it will keep things cold in your chest and as it melts u can drink it.   Good luck and prayers to you all. xoxo

Joyce

koolkidsmom
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Hope some of my suggestions help some of you.  I've been in many storms and it doesn't get easier.  People up your way probably don't get this as often as we do. 

critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Wow hope u are safe
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM
my hubby and inlaws are up in VA/MD.
I hope everyone stays safe.
slw123
by Shawna on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I hope it turns out ok.  Sandy just left us, we are on the east coast of FL.  We had some rain, but major wind.  All of the neighborhood is out cleaning up their yards today. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Stay safe...
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I live in the east coast of NC the main part of the storm has finally left us but remenats are still here.. rain and gusts of wind 

Stay safe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80