Which of the Kmart Fab 15! Toys are on your child's wish list?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Kmart, we asked moms to check out the Kmart Fab 15! Toys and have their child write a letter to Santa.

Then, we asked them to redeem the $50 Kmart gift card we gave them at their local Kmart or on kmart.com.

Check out what our moms are saying about their child's wish list. Then, tell us which of the Kmart Fab 15! Toys on are your child's wish list this year.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (71-80):
tamidawn
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Update! I got the LeapPad 2 for Dominic! I am sooooo excited for him to get it! I can hardly wait!! :)

Quoting tamidawn:

I am very excited for this Influencer!  This is the first year that Dominic is able to write his own letter.  :)  He is 5 years old.  I brought up the website with the list of the KMart Fab 15 toys and told him to pick out anything he wanted to ask for.  He found lots of things he liked.  His favorite was the "Johnny the Skull".  I'm not even sure what that is!  He also really like the LeapPad.  Some other things that he has been asking for are a dinosaur, Angry Birds in Space, a monster truck, and a toy horse.  

Here are a few pictures of Dominic writing his letter.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Dominic is going to love it! I also got the accessory kit which includes a protective sleeve, headphones, and a charger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
We were picked too!
Sadly idk how I'm going to get to up-load photos b/c this darn desktop dislikes me!
Buy we did make a list! & DD wants the Barbie doll! Woot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I went to Kmart today to use my gift card and I must admit I was really excited. I went to get ds the Air Hog that was on the top 15 list but my store didn't have it. I was disappointed, but I decided to look around and see if I could find something else ds would like. I think I found something he'd like more, a Super Mario race car.

cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Thank you so much Kmart and Cafemom! I know ds will love all the things I bought

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Did you get anything from the Fab 15 list?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hello everybody!  My name is Kathleen and I am a SAHM to three boys ages 7, 5 and 19 months and the wife to a wonderful DH for the past 8.5 years.  My boys are rough and tough and very active and they love to play with all sorts of toys so I was so excited when I got choosen for this influencer! 

We had recieved a Kmart catalog in the mail awhile back that included the Fab 15! toys along with many others so I sat down with them and let them look through the whole thing and we talked about what they may want for Christmas.  They both wanted the Hot Wheels Dune Racer Ride On but even with the generosity from Kmart and Cafe Mom that just isn't in the budget this year.  We already have a LeapPad that my mother-in-law bought them that they love to so I can see why that was on the Fab 15! list.  They both decided they loved the look of the Air Hogs Hover Assult and they were really excited about it but when I read it was for ages 8 plus I was really worried they were just to young for it(my oldest just barely turned 7 and the other one is only 5 so I figured they may break it).  For these reasons we moved on from the Fab 15! list because although it had some really cool toys it just didn't seem to work out for what they wanted this year.

We continued to look through the Kmart catalog and they did find some toys they loved though!  My oldest decided he wanted the WWE Brawlin Breakdown Playset and my middle son decided he would like the Hot Wheels Power Tower track.  They were both still stuck on the idea or remote control items too after seeing the Air Hogs Hover Assult so we went online to look up some remote control items in their age ranges and my oldest decided he wanted a Night Dispatcher Remote Control Car and my middle son wanted the Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars.  We didn't make a list for the baby yet, lol.

I also went online and found two form letters to Santa for them to fill out to send.  They were so excited to write the letters and tell him what they had discovered. 

This is the letter from my 7 year old son who is in 1st grade.  I will re-type what he wrote in case it is hard to read.  "I would like a Blastin Breakdown Playset and a Night Dispatcher Remote Control Car.  I tried to be good this year.  I wonder how you get all the toys to every kid that was good."  Then he signed it and pasted pictures at the bottom of the two toys he asked for.

We choose this one for my 5 year old because he is still really working on handwriting in Kindergarten and it is more of a form letter.  Here is what it says.  "Dear Santa,  This Cristmas I am 5 years old.  This year, I have been nice(he checked the nice box).  My Christmas wishes are.... Power Tower and Bumper Cars.  Merry Christmas, Santa!  I'll be waiting for you on Chirstmas Eve with cookies & milk!  Love, Epi"  He also pasted pictures below of what he would like. 

I have yet to recieve my gift card in the mail but as soon as I do I will come back and update with what I purchased at Kmart with it.  Thank you Kmart and Cafe Mom! 

Update:  I received my gift card in the mail and immediately sat down to do my shopping at Kmart.com.  I have the whole list made out of what I would like to get each toy so I carefully checked my lists against prices to decide what I would get the best deals on if I bought it right now as opposed to waiting until later in the season.  I still plan on purchasing the items that were actually on their letters to Santa but at this point I got the best deals on 5 other items that were on my list.  The first two items I got were for my 19 month old who did not make a letter to Santa, lol.  I got him ~

spin_prod_138078201The My Pal Scout which for $21.99  and

The Melissa and Doug Playful Puppy Pull Toy which was on sale for $15.99.

spin_prod_670726201

Then for my middle son I got him two items as well~

spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901

This is the Beat the Parents Game and I got it on sale for $9.99 down from $14.99 and I got him

Money flashcards for $2.99 for his stocking. 

I also got a set of flashcards for my oldest son's stocking that are the same brand but are for Bible Trivia.  Those were $2.99 as well.

spin_prod_744016612

Overall with tax included my order came to $55.51.  I had the gift card generously given to my by Kmart and Cafe Mom for this influencer that was for $50.00 and then when I did another influencer back in the spring for Kmart there was an issue with shipping that was quickly resolved by I had received a $5.00 gift card then which I still had so I was able to pay the extra $0.51 on my debit card and was able to get 5 wonderful toys and games for the price of my gift cards.  Thank you again Cafe Mom and Kmart!

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM

You could have ordered it online and picked it up at the store.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I went to Kmart today to use my gift card and I must admit I was really excited. I went to get ds the Air Hog that was on the top 15 list but my store didn't have it. I was disappointed, but I decided to look around and see if I could find something else ds would like. I think I found something he'd like more, a Super Mario race car.

CafeMom Tickers
cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I was concerned with getting back to Kmart because I'm off this Tuesday and then I'm working everyday until Christmas.

Quoting Wish2Be:

You could have ordered it online and picked it up at the store.

Quoting cjsmom1:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

No.  They have a LeapPad already or we probably would have looked at getting one of those.  They loved the Hot Wheels Dune Racer but even with the gift card that wasn't in our budget.  They were both interested in the Air Hogs Hover Assult but as it was for ages 8+ I felt they were too young for it still.  They didn't like anything else on the list.  They made their lists for Santa using the Kmart catalog though so many of their gifts will come from Kmart, just not ones on the Fab 15! list. 

Quoting Wish2Be:

Did you get anything from the Fab 15 list?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hello everybody!  My name is Kathleen and I am a SAHM to three boys ages 7, 5 and 19 months and the wife to a wonderful DH for the past 8.5 years.  My boys are rough and tough and very active and they love to play with all sorts of toys so I was so excited when I got choosen for this influencer! 

We had recieved a Kmart catalog in the mail awhile back that included the Fab 15! toys along with many others so I sat down with them and let them look through the whole thing and we talked about what they may want for Christmas.  They both wanted the Hot Wheels Dune Racer Ride On but even with the generosity from Kmart and Cafe Mom that just isn't in the budget this year.  We already have a LeapPad that my mother-in-law bought them that they love to so I can see why that was on the Fab 15! list.  They both decided they loved the look of the Air Hogs Hover Assult and they were really excited about it but when I read it was for ages 8 plus I was really worried they were just to young for it(my oldest just barely turned 7 and the other one is only 5 so I figured they may break it).  For these reasons we moved on from the Fab 15! list because although it had some really cool toys it just didn't seem to work out for what they wanted this year.

We continued to look through the Kmart catalog and they did find some toys they loved though!  My oldest decided he wanted the WWE Brawlin Breakdown Playset and my middle son decided he would like the Hot Wheels Power Tower track.  They were both still stuck on the idea or remote control items too after seeing the Air Hogs Hover Assult so we went online to look up some remote control items in their age ranges and my oldest decided he wanted a Night Dispatcher Remote Control Car and my middle son wanted the Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars.  We didn't make a list for the baby yet, lol.

I also went online and found two form letters to Santa for them to fill out to send.  They were so excited to write the letters and tell him what they had discovered. 

This is the letter from my 7 year old son who is in 1st grade.  I will re-type what he wrote in case it is hard to read.  "I would like a Blastin Breakdown Playset and a Night Dispatcher Remote Control Car.  I tried to be good this year.  I wonder how you get all the toys to every kid that was good."  Then he signed it and pasted pictures at the bottom of the two toys he asked for.

We choose this one for my 5 year old because he is still really working on handwriting in Kindergarten and it is more of a form letter.  Here is what it says.  "Dear Santa,  This Cristmas I am 5 years old.  This year, I have been nice(he checked the nice box).  My Christmas wishes are.... Power Tower and Bumper Cars.  Merry Christmas, Santa!  I'll be waiting for you on Chirstmas Eve with cookies & milk!  Love, Epi"  He also pasted pictures below of what he would like. 

I have yet to recieve my gift card in the mail but as soon as I do I will come back and update with what I purchased at Kmart with it.  Thank you Kmart and Cafe Mom! 

Update:  I received my gift card in the mail and immediately sat down to do my shopping at Kmart.com.  I have the whole list made out of what I would like to get each toy so I carefully checked my lists against prices to decide what I would get the best deals on if I bought it right now as opposed to waiting until later in the season.  I still plan on purchasing the items that were actually on their letters to Santa but at this point I got the best deals on 5 other items that were on my list.  The first two items I got were for my 19 month old who did not make a letter to Santa, lol.  I got him ~

spin_prod_138078201The My Pal Scout which for $21.99  and

The Melissa and Doug Playful Puppy Pull Toy which was on sale for $15.99.

spin_prod_670726201

Then for my middle son I got him two items as well~

spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901
 spin_prod_551527901

This is the Beat the Parents Game and I got it on sale for $9.99 down from $14.99 and I got him

Money flashcards for $2.99 for his stocking. 

I also got a set of flashcards for my oldest son's stocking that are the same brand but are for Bible Trivia.  Those were $2.99 as well.

spin_prod_744016612

Overall with tax included my order came to $55.51.  I had the gift card generously given to my by Kmart and Cafe Mom for this influencer that was for $50.00 and then when I did another influencer back in the spring for Kmart there was an issue with shipping that was quickly resolved by I had received a $5.00 gift card then which I still had so I was able to pay the extra $0.51 on my debit card and was able to get 5 wonderful toys and games for the price of my gift cards.  Thank you again Cafe Mom and Kmart!

Love060708kids
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I'm so thankful to be chosen for this influencer program!  Thank you so much CafeMom and Kmart!  My son, 6, loves Legos!  So I was so happy to show him what was on the Kmarts fab 15 toys.  He saw the Lego Monster Fighters: The Vampyre Hearse and immediately said "I want to build that one!!" He has constructed many things from Lego; such as, firetrucks, space shuttle and a jet...he has also built a city.  My husband even made him a Lego table! 

My son created a Christmas list that included: Black Ops II, Legos and books.  His sisters ruined his letter to Santa, but I will have him write another one.  

I plan to start shopping during cyber monday, which is the 26th.  Hoping to score some great deals!  Again, thank you so much for this opportunity! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: