Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which of the Kmart Fab 15! Toys are on your child's wish list?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Kmart, we asked moms to check out the Kmart Fab 15! Toys and have their child write a letter to Santa.

Then, we asked them to redeem the $50 Kmart gift card we gave them at their local Kmart or on kmart.com.

Check out what our moms are saying about their child's wish list. Then, tell us which of the Kmart Fab 15! Toys on are your child's wish list this year.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (91-100):
Barronbaby
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello everyone! We opted to type up a letter for Santa this year since my little guy is only 3 and is developmentally behind so writing and drawing is more like scribbles when and if I can get him to draw. For Christmas this year my 3 year old is all about the Master Moves Mickey which grandma and grandpa have already gotten to give to him. He is also into anything with a touch screen and games.

Our letter to santa reads: Dear Santa Claus, My name is JP. I am 3 years old so mommy is helping me write to you for the very first time. I am so excited for you to come to my house this Christmas. Mommy is baking lots of goodies for you to eat and take and share with your elf helpers. For Christmas this year I would like: My first bike, a LeapFrog LeapPad and some puzzles. Love, Your Pal JP

Now onto what we got with our gift card. Since we also have a 6 year old we decided that we would go with the Innotab2 from kmart instead of the LeapPads this way we could get 2 and not be concerned with the battle that was inevitable on Christmas day between the 3 year old and 6 year old. We also purchased the same day a fisher price dancing dog toy for our 19 month old! We also plan to go this up comming weekend to kmart to buy our 3 year old his first bike and a ton of cars for the car and block table my dh built for him! And more Barbies for our 6 year old dd including Barbie holiday 2012! Our 6 year old dd wanted a furby as well, but i reminder her that she already has 6 of them! 4 of which were from when I was younger that still currently work perfectly after 12 years! I am also going back and forth on Twister Dance... not sure if my kids would play with it or not but they do love music and to dance.

MomToovey
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Good afternoon!

I have yet to receive my gift card, but while I wait, I'll introduce myself :)

Hello, my name is Marianne. I'm a 28 year old SAHM for my 3 year old daughter, April. We live in central FL and my husband of 5 years works at Disney! I am currently homeschooling our daughter through preschool, having been a preschool teacher for 4 years. And while any time the 3 of us are together is my favorite family time, we do spend most of our free time at the Disney parks :)

April is really into Disney Princesses right now and I'm in the process of finally redoing her room from the Winnie the Pooh theme she's had since birth, to Princess.

I admit I cheated a bit. I checked out the Fab 15 toys before giving my daughter the chance to check it out. I saw the Cinderella vanity set and was so excited! I knew that's what she'd want the most...but as I got more information and really sat down to think about it, it wasn't the best choice among the 15. Between being almost $100 and the fact that all the kids who came to our door on Halloween thought I host an in-home daycare simply because of the sheer amount of toys in her playroom, I decided she's spoiled enough as it is! So as I perused the other toys a bit further, I found the FurReal puppy. DD is really into animals and got her very first pets this year (mice) and I thought she'd get a huge kick out of it.

So today, I took her upstairs to the computer and showed her a couple of the toys at the bottom of the page, including the FurReal puppy. She did get excited about it, and I explained to her about Santa, and how if we've been really good all year, we can ask him to give us a few toys at Christmas time. She agreed that this puppy was something she wanted to ask him for.

Here's a picture of her picking out the puppy:

(Sorry her eyes are closed - we did this after nap on a cloudy day, so the flash was a bit disturbing)

And here she is with the letter I wrote on her behalf. They're entirely her words. I coached her a bit about saying she was a good girl, but other than that, I only wrote what she said to me :)

In case you can't see it, it says:
"Dear Santa,
I have been a good girl this year. I would like to have the FurReal puppy mommy showed me and some Barbies. Thank you!
Love,
April"

And if I can get that gift card in time, I'll update with my purchase!

Thank you SO SO SO SO much, Cafemom & KMart for giving me this wonderful opportunity!

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

This is the "letter" my 5 year old DS wrote to Santa. He wanted to draw what he wanted :). He wants a toy pistol, toy shotgun, toy bolt action, and RC helicopter. He's really into hunting, lol.
When I showed him the fab 15 toys from Kmart he was really excited about the air hog copter with wheels. When I got to the store, it was on sale, which was a big plus!
I then used the rest of the gift card to get my 9 month old a toy. I'll post a pic of the toys in my next post :)
I really like the air hog copter. It's neat that it can travel my land or air. This is the first nice RC vehicle ds will get! It's also a plus that it shoots out dart things. I know ds will like shooting those at his dinosaurs :)
Thanks so much for the opportunity provided in this influencer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I showed my 4 year old daughter the Kmart Fab 15 Toys and she instantly wanted the Cinderella Enchanted Carriage Vanity.  She has convinced herself that this vanity will turn her into a real princess.  So, my mission this Christmas is to turn her into a princess.  Although, I already told her that she is a princess, she feels this vanity will seal the deal.

She wanted to write a letter to Santa Claus herself but she can only write certain letters so she told me what to write and wanted me to dot the letters and she trace them.  So technically, she did write her own letter and she feels very proud about that.

I also have a 2 year old son and a month old newborn son.  My 2 year old son loves all the Toy Story movies so much and so I went to Kmart online and bought him a talking Woody doll, a talking Buzz Lightyear doll, a Roarin Rex Dinosaur, and the Yodeling Jessie doll from the movie.  

We are very excited to have a wonderful holiday.

The letter says:

Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a good girl for my mama and daddy and at ballet class. Here is what I want for Christmas. Cinderella magic vanity, Ballerina Barbies, Mermaid Barbie, Cinderella dress and makeup and glass slippers.

Thank you,

Kiana

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Here's the pic of their toys. (I had to take the pic in the garage where we keep the Christmas stuff).
My 9 month old will love safely playing with our old iPhone in the apptivity case :)
Older Ds may seem a little young for the copter, but I think he and his dad will play well with it :)
Both of my boys will be so pleased on Christmas morning :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Hello! My name is Jenna. I have two children who love toys! 

My son here, deep thinking about what else to write on his list! Lol!!!

I enjoyed shopping at Kmart! It was a little difficult for me to find the toys on the Kmart Fab 15 list at the store. But I know that both of my boys would love the WWE toys the most! We had bought some of the little wrestling guys for my older sons birthday earlier this year and they both loved it!

My son with his finished list! 

BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hi, my name is Julie and my son is 5 years old. I am so excited & blessed to be chosen! My son wrote his letter to Santa and we are mailing it off to the North Pole tomorrow! He is excited to get the Air Hog Copter!

cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

The Mario car was $19.99, Monolopy Millionares was $19.99, and the book was $9 something.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Oh that is neat, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting cjsmom1:

Jessica020410
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Kmart!! I am so excited to be chosen for this influencer! My 8 year old son wrote a letter to Santa and he helped my almost 3 year old daughter write one with his (he asked her questions and he wrote it down). In my daughter's part, my son included the LeapPad 2, which she really wants. Her brothers have a 3DS and every time she sees a picture of a LeapPad 2, she starts hollering "I want my DS". lol! The letter says:

Dear Santa,

My name is Ben and I want a dsi xl and a  Mario game and luigi's mansion. Thank you

My sister Abby is almost 3. She wants a leap pad 2 a baby doll and a red bible. Thank you

Ben Abby

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I am so thankful we was picked. My son is just turning 3 so even though he wrote a letter lol obviously we can't read it.

He asked Santa for the dancing Mickey and that is what I purchased with the gift card. I cannot wait to see his face when he receives it.

Will update with pics of him writing to Santa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)