Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you saw a pregnant woman smoking?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

nope

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

No. I don't say anything to anyone smoking, unless they think they're going to smoke right next to me.

LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM
No me saying something isn't going to change anything she's an adult and will probably smoke around her child when it's born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

No, Not my business. I smoked while I was pregnant, I tried several times to quit while I was pregnant. The first time I vomited for 24 hours straight, the second time The baby went into distress because of the stress on my body. My Doctor told me that quitting can sometimes do more harm than continuing just to cut back as much as possible which is what I did. My DS was born 4 weeks early for other reasons, I slipped in some mud and almost fell into a split. The action caused my uterus to rupture and my water broke early. He was born at almost 7 lbs even though he was a month early and has never been sick other than a runny nose so I am a lucky one. I know it could have been very bad on the baby, but in my case it wasn't. I have quit since he was born though, and wouldn't look back! I NEVER want to have to go through the pain of quitting again!

Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I wouldn't, but I'd have a hard time hiding my look of disappointment....

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

My Mom was a heavy smoker with all 8 kids. And I'm sure she had a few drinks from time to time. We now range in ages 50-70.....no breathing problems, no brain issues, etc.

Quoting mamivon2:

my dh niece came over yesterday she smokes.. I told her you better quit that you pregnant.. her answer.. nah its alright I smoked with Izzy.. her now 2 1.5 year old.. it didnt hurt her..

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM
This sounds like me lol

Quoting 2lilmamas:

I wont say anything but I would shake My head of roll My eyes at her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chellie13
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Nope. Not my body. Not my baby. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

No..I smoked with some of mine..I know bad mommy... 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Depends on if I knew her or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN