Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your parents

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 72 Replies

What did/do they do for a living?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trixi.VonLace
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM
My.bio.dad was in the Navy and was a boilermaker for a while, but was mostly an unemployed alcoholic. My mom never worked she just sponged off her family. NOW my parents who raised me, my real mom and dad, he was retired navy and boilermaker. She was a home.maker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

My Mom had  jobs at craft stores and had her own craft store in our basement.Before I was born they had an antique shop.My dad was a marine in the korean war.When he got out he became a police officer and then a sergeant for the MN highway Patrol.After he retired he was a security officer at orlando International airport

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

my mother was a sahm and my father operated his own store.

slw123
by Shawna on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

When I was growing up, my dad worked construction during the day while my mom waited tables at night.

fairybaby55
by Sara on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

My Dad is a superintendant for a construction company and my mom has always been a SAHM.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
My dad is a welder and my mom prints mail for an insurance company
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

My dad worked in car dealerships in the automotive dept in the early years....then he bought his own automotive shop and everyone came to see him. Then the local college asked him to teach automotive and finally he retired from that. :) He is in his 70s now and doesn't look like it.

My mom has worked at the same job for over 30 years at the local hospital. She is head of the dept in medical records. She is in her 70s too and doesn't want to retire.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Oh and dad did not finish high school he got his ged. He did not have a degree in teaching. So proud of him!

Quoting wandep:

My dad worked in car dealerships in the automotive dept in the early years....then he bought his own automotive shop and everyone came to see him. Then the local college asked him to teach automotive and finally he retired from that. :) He is in his 70s now and doesn't look like it.

My mom has worked at the same job for over 30 years at the local hospital. She is head of the dept in medical records. She is in her 70s too and doesn't want to retire.

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

my dad is a retired truck driver.. my step mom worked at a medical clinic until about 14 yrs ago when she got shot at work while on a smoke break... my mom has always worked in an office doing something

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I don't know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN