Start The Holidays With A Little Black Dress

By AngellaD on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM

The holiday season is fast approaching (45 days until Christmas!)(Don't shoot the messenger!) and with the holiday season come parties. There are work parties, and friend parties and ALL THE PARTIES. There is one thing that you need for every party, and for any party. Or even just for wearing as you shop for the holidays.

A Little Black Dress.

To be honest, you need a LBD all year long, but you may want to have one for the warmer months and one for the colder months. As we're in the colder months, you want to buy (or request) a LBD that will work with some tights and a pair of boots. Pair it with some pretty jewelry and some good makeup and you're good to go. Oh! And maybe a pretty scarf!

I went shopping with a girlfriend last week and had no intent of buying anything, but saw a cute LBD at a huge discount and bought it. I have since worn it to church, out for dinner, and to start shopping for Christmas presents. There's something about looking good and feeling good that translates to a good state of mind, both about yourself, and about what you want to gift others with.

If you have someone in your life who does not have a great Little Black Dress, may I suggest that you help her find one? Look through online sites, walk through the mall, do what it takes. If you are the one to hook her up with that LBD that she will wear for the next decade, it is a gift that truly keeps on giving.

Do you have a great LBD? Or five (Like me?)(I can't help myself). I'd love it if you linked to your favorite.

AngellaD About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • Wish2Be
  • by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • I have one....but its a cocktail dress and a little too fancy for Thanksgiving dinner. I wouldnt want to overdress. This year its going to be slacks and a white and black blouse :)

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: