Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Start The Holidays With A Little Black Dress

Posted by   + Show Post

The holiday season is fast approaching (45 days until Christmas!)(Don't shoot the messenger!) and with the holiday season come parties. There are work parties, and friend parties and ALL THE PARTIES. There is one thing that you need for every party, and for any party. Or even just for wearing as you shop for the holidays.

A Little Black Dress.

To be honest, you need a LBD all year long, but you may want to have one for the warmer months and one for the colder months. As we're in the colder months, you want to buy (or request) a LBD that will work with some tights and a pair of boots. Pair it with some pretty jewelry and some good makeup and you're good to go. Oh! And maybe a pretty scarf!

I went shopping with a girlfriend last week and had no intent of buying anything, but saw a cute LBD at a huge discount and bought it. I have since worn it to church, out for dinner, and to start shopping for Christmas presents. There's something about looking good and feeling good that translates to a good state of mind, both about yourself, and about what you want to gift others with.

If you have someone in your life who does not have a great Little Black Dress, may I suggest that you help her find one? Look through online sites, walk through the mall, do what it takes. If you are the one to hook her up with that LBD that she will wear for the next decade, it is a gift that truly keeps on giving.

Do you have a great LBD? Or five (Like me?)(I can't help myself). I'd love it if you linked to your favorite.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
LOswald0314
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I have one for warm weather and one for cold weather.  My fall/winter LBD is a long sleeve wrap dress, I love it.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I don't have one that fits :(

BabyTeki
by Nikki on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I don't have little black anything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I don't have one...yet...but Target is about to start selling one that I love:

timon95
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

ummm...nope! i don't wear dresses!

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM

No, but I have many pairs of big black pants.

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM
I don't have one, but would love to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I like black dresses... so yeah, I have a few.  Though, I lost a bunch of weight in the last year so now most of them don't fit!  I need to get me some new LBDs.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

All of my dresses are "little black dresses"... I love black EVERYTHING (pants, shirts, skirts, blouses)!!! It's always elegant and a classic, timeless look.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Being a pale Blonde haired / Blue eye girl makes for a sad looking ghosty person in a little black dress LOL.... I tend to wear more steel gray or navy blues..... But I agree looking your best just makes you FEEL good no mater what your doing !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN