Group Home

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 49 Replies

Up until yesterday, I had never heard of Elf on the Shelf! I cannot believe that I never, even once heard of it . Well after reading all about it, it's a tradition my husband and I are starting with our little ones this year. I'm soooo excited! Am I the only one who never heard of it?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I've known about it for awhile..We have an Elf.  :)

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

I've known about it for awhile..We have an Elf.  :)

I'm sooo excited to get ours this week!! 

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM
By the time I learned about it I thought dd was too close to outgrowing it so I never got one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Quoting momma-flynn:

By the time I learned about it I thought dd was too close to outgrowing it so I never got one.

Awww... I read that you could also use them when your children no longer believe in Santa, by letting the child or you hide the elf each night and someone finds it the next morning.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM
No clue what it is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I've never heard of it. Please tell me about it. I may need to start the tradition with my son!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

I've never heard of it. Please tell me about it. I may need to start the tradition with my son!

Just google Elf on a Shelf. I don't think I could do justice in trying to explain it. Basically your family "adopts" one of Santa's elves and name it. Each day you put the elf in a spot (children cant touch the elf, lol) and the children can talk to it and the elf will take all of their messages (and report any gooobtrusive naughty behavior) to Santa each night while they are asleep. The fun part is when you (mom or dad) move the elf to a different spot before morning. The kids seem to love discovering where the elf decided to "land" when it comes back from the North Pole each morning.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope .. I haven't :)

dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Awe! That sounds awesome!

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

Just google Elf on a Shelf. I don't think I could do justice in trying to explain it. Basically your family "adopts" one of Santa's elves and name it. Each day you put the elf in a spot (children cant touch the elf, lol) and the children can talk to it and the elf will take all of their messages (and report any gooobtrusive naughty behavior) to Santa each night while they are asleep. The fun part is when you (mom or dad) move the elf to a different spot before morning. The kids seem to love discovering where the elf decided to "land" when it comes back from the North Pole each morning.

boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd seen a couple of times but never really paid attention to it. I brought it up to dh and he didn't seem all that excited by it :( Still looking for traditions we can start with dd. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci