Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drama or no drama?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: Has there ever been drama at a big holiday family meal?

Options:

No, we get a long

yes uuuuuhhhg

other schmother

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I hear about lots of drama at family gatherings, but over many years, dh's family, or mine, I've never seen that. Life is too short.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

None that I can think of

bizzyx4
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Yup! One year at the Christmas Eve candle ceremony at church I went to pick up my niece and my brother flipped out for some reason and slammed me into the wall with his hand around my neck. I left the church and called my friend, I didn't open gifts with my family because I refused to be around him. It was terrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

At my family?  No, not really, my family is pretty much drama free.  My inlaws are a different story.  I wander away if I can if it gets too rediculous!

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

In MY immediate family, no.  In my husband's family when we used to TRY to get together for the holidays...yes.  My sister in law is crazy and starts fights over everything.  I think her favorite thing to do is to scream, run out the door, and take of stomping on foot for any special occasion.  

Also, before my grandma got on her meds (seriously), there used to be a fight every year at my mom's family's gatherings.  I remember one when I was about 8 years old that was very intense and my older cousins took us younger ones downstairs.  I was crying because I was so scared.  Thankfully, as long as grandma's had her prozac, she's a-ok now :)

keeckhardt
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I'm one of 3 sisters. We love each other, but have different views, especially on parenting. Someone always says something and someone gets their feelings hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM

no drama here :)

black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Yeah. My father realized his wife wasn't coming back right at that time so it affected last years day.  

Rushn311
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM

yeah back in 2002

maxswolfsuit
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Yes, but it's not common. 

My grandpa got really drunk one year and told my uncle that computers even hate him. It was very interesting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)