Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just did a HUGE defriending

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 21 Replies

Things have been crazy everywhere in my life lately and a lot of things that I can not control but there are some things. So today I decided I was going to take care of two things I can control. I burned all the papers around my house reminding me how bad things are. Then I got on FB and defriended over 300 people. They were either people I went to school with over a decade ago (wow still can't believe that sometimes) or people I have met here and there and don't even really know and just added casue why not. That is not why I made a FB and not why I want one. So I am going back to just intament friends and family and thats it. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

That sucks. But it is always best to keep things positive.

I gotta say that Facebook has brought me more friends in the long run. I add people all the time for games, business, acquantiances. I have over 900 friends now and I get about 10 requests a week. I read all the statues, wish them happy birthday, like their photos, comment, everything. I have only deleted a handful for inappropriate behavior. I am actually surprised my number of deletes is so low. I guess I am lucky. 

Rushn311
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Good for you!

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Hopefully none of those papers were financial related.  Always good to pare down friends if you have no connection to them.   I am sure most wont even notice you did it.

mom2jessnky
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:08 AM

I do friend purges occasionally. FB wigs out on me that I need to "Find Friends" because I guess 165 people isn't enough... and I only friend people I actually know and like.

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I did that a while back, too.  I've since added quite a few people, but sometimes it feels good to just clean that out.

roxxyt
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Good for you, it's something I need to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Good for you, it's something I need to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I don't do FB, but if I did I'd only have close family and friends as well. 

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Sounds great! I only allow positive people in my circle. It makes life so much less complicated. I don't o fb anyway though, lol.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Good for you. I've deleted many people on fb...the ones i dont want on there i'd start a huge fight if i deleted (pathetic how fb can cause an argument)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN