Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Budget-friendly Beauty Product Stocking Stuffers

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 62 Replies

I'm not a 'girly girl', per se, but I do like dressing nice and looking good. A few years ago I went to a makeup store in the mall and learned how to branch out beyond the basic mascara and lip gloss combo. Paint pots and eyeshadow and fancy makeup brushes, oh my! I keep my look pretty neutral during the day, color-wise, but I ramp it up with a dramatic smoky eye for nights out.

While I have no problem shelling out money for higher-end beauty products that I deem to be essential to my makeup routine, I also like to find drugstore brands that go above and beyond their lower price point. If you're shopping for a woman (or teenage girl) who likes beauty products, I have a few suggestions for you that won't break your budget.

Cover Girl Lash Perfection Mascara. I love this mascara for every day. I have short, pale lashes and it makes them look long. It also doesn't clump and goes on smoothly.

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara. An friend suggested it as we were standing in the school yard waiting for our kids to be dismissed for the day. I threw it in my basket the next time I was at the drug store and it was as great as she said it was. It's a little heavier than my other favorite mascara, so I use it when I'm going out in the evening or busting out my smokey eye.

CoverGirl lipstick in bewitch. It's a red lipstick that isn't a RED lipstick, meaning that you can where it to school pickup or the grocery store without feeling like your lips are a flashing neon sign. It's perfect for a night out as well.

CoverGirl Liquiline Eyeliner. The complaints in the reviews about not being able to sharpen it surprised me, as I sharpen mine easily with the sharpener I have. I love this liner so much. It goes on easily and lasts all day/night. I love how it blends as well.

Do you have any budget-friendly makeup items that you can't live without? I'm always looking for new products to try.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

My child is only six, these will be great ideas in a few years!

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
I love my stiletto mascara! It's fairly inexpensive, but works so well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

i dont wer makeup but i get a lot of covergirl makeup for free after coupons and I can give that as gifts :P

Rushn311
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I always wear Maybelline mascara(pink tube) and I usually get it fo $4 with a coupon.

My eyeliner is from Rimmel and it goes on so smoothly for $3

My eyeshadow is from Ulta, those aren't cheap but last a long time on you

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Thanks!

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hmmm, not really!  I am not great with make-up!  I find one brand that works and stick with it!

goddess99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I usually don't wear makeup but when I do it's Mally from qvc, not really budget but she has great stuff.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I don't wear makeup at all, but a good chapstick/lip gloss is really nice - as would be a good hand lotion - maybe one I could put in my purse.

I really like the Bath & Body hand cream.  I'll have to remember that as a gift suggestion to DH!

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I always wear cover girl. I love it and it's not expensive.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I am not to big into make up. I wear eye liner every day because if I don't I look like death but other than that I don't really do makeup much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN