Group Home

Smarter Living: Amazing Apps for Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

Tomorrow is Turkey Day...which may or may not mean you will be running around like a fellow fowl friend with your head cut off, stuffing, setting tables, welcoming family and friends...and finding places to put everyone's coats.

Thank goodness for that smart phone, iPhone, iPad. Technology definitely can help in times like this. From a handy reminder of when to check on those garlic mashed potatoes to keeping the little chickadees occupied while you are trying to shower in 4.3 minutes, we've got some amazing Thanksgiving apps for you to download.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2012 - The folks at MyCityWay (the makers of my favorite app that helps me everyday get around my beloved NYC) team up again with Macy's for the official app for the parade. You don't have to be on the actual streets of Manhattan to use it - it gives you the schedule of events and the participant parade tracker, so you and the family watching at home won't miss the Hello Kitty balloon, that local marching band or, of course, the big guy in the red suit. Also, turn that photo of crazy Uncle Morrie into the Crazy Uncle Morrie balloon float with the Elf-O-Matic. Download this one now!

Thanksgiving Coloring Book - With over 60 colors and a plethora of different images for the kids to choose from, this coloring book app can keep them entertained for hours...or at least until all the folks at the grown-up table are done with their feast. Share the masterpieces on Facebook or email them to buddies. 

CHOW Thanksgiving Dinner Coach - The fabulous chefs at CHOW have gathered nine of the yummiest and not-too-hard-to-do Thanksgiving recipes for you, as well as a whole detailed plan for you to pull it off. They tell you what you need, how to do it, and (most importantly?) when. This is a must for anyone hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time.

Thanksgiving - You can tell by its name what it is all about: the big day. A gazillion facts and info about why we do what we do on Thanksgiving, how it came to be, and more, the app provides perfect conversation topics for the dinner table or play "Stump Crazy Uncle Morrie!" as everyone is relaxing with full bellies.

Which of these apps look good for your crew? Are you ready for Thanksgiving?  Do you watch the parade on TV?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Creativeye99

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I love watching the parade.Its a tradition.I am so not ready for tomorrow.Lol

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Oh this is cool!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. I downloaded the Thanksgiving app one!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don't have anything that does apps. Im ready for thanksgiving we're going to my moms :) and dd is really looking forward to the parade she wants to see Sprouts' Chica

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I want the parade one.

fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM

My daughter would like the coloring book app. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

cool! we'll watch the parade

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM

cool!

lasombrs
by Sara on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM

we dont have tv i wish we could i loved it as a kid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky