Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: What Do You Wear for Thanksgiving?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week! I love Thanksgiving because it's such a low-pressure holiday, and that extends to what you wear. While Christmas is all about the goofy holiday sweaters or the sparkly glamour, there don't seem to really be any fashion "rules" for Thanksgiving.

In my family, Thanksgiving is usually a pretty casual affair. It's a long day...we eat at about 4 and I'm always either cooking myself or helping my mom starting pretty early in the day. And my family loves nothing more than sitting around a table eating great food and talking, so we tend to linger quite a bit after the meal. So anything that's itchy, hot or will show gravy splatters is out. I've also made the mistake of wearing heels. Not a great idea on a day that involves chasing children, and cooking on my feet for a long time.And face it, after the big feast anything very fitted is not going to feel good.

I'm probably going to wear something like a knit dress and either leggings or tights, with low-heeled boots or cute flats. Or, my just-a-little-too-big black pants (room to grow!) with a soft, flowy cardi and a tank or tee, depending on the weather. Both options are comfy, cute and will stand up to kitchen work and a big meal.

What are you wearing for Thanksgiving?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Nice jeans&top!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

jeans and a nice shirt

sweetpea1269
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Jeans and sweater, nothing fancy! (I may need to break out the ol' maternity jeans, lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Casual, but a little nicer than just hanging out at home. A gold, burnt orange and brown knit top with brown pants.

bwsmommy
I know God or someone has a plan ... and i know i shouldnt question it .. but why .. why does a mom die of cancer and leave her two kids behind .. why ... I just dont understand this plan .
Today at 3:55 AM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I usually dont dress up since im cooking .. but this year i will not be cooking .. so im guessing jeans and a tshirt ..

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

haha love the baby pic!

idk what i'm going to wear yet :( probably new jeans and new shirt that MIL got me

lasombrs
by Sara on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

just my normal every day stuff

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

We were whatever is comfortable.We dont dress up

fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Jeans and a pretty sweater.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM

A sweater and pants and slippers...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)