I am going to the hospital in 2 weeks,I am trying to make a check list so I have every thing in order for there dad (Lol)I have all there clothing in sets on hanger, all there meds if needed,and phone numbers.I need help with the other things so i don't forget anything.He is not much on cooking so I need easy things he can make.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-19):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hamburger "Gravy" and Mashed Potatoes
Brown 1 lb Ground beef, drain
Mix in 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, heat through.
Serve over instant  mashed potatoes, rice or pasta 
Good with corn, a simple little salad and a dinner roll or even bread and butter

tayanddyl
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I'm sure he will be ok. Just make sure you check on them often. I remember the 1st time i left my ex home with the baby, i was worried the entire time, but they survived.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Smoked sausage is something I like when there isn't much time. It can be microwaved with good results or pan fried, about 5-10 minutes. Add to heated baked beans or serve on a roll. Ham steak is also a good choice. Serve it with the vegetables that can be steamed in the microwave, or a salad.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Hamburger Rice Dish

1 lb hamburger
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups water
1 cup long grain rice, uncooked (I used brown rice)
1 envelope onion soup mix

Brown hamburger, drain. Add soup, water, rice, and onion soup mix. Cover and simmer for ~20 minutes. I threw in some frozen peas just before it was done.
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM

All i can think of is pastas , and hamburgers .. maybe some different types of soups ..

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I agree, anything that freezes well is a good idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Sometimes we will do smoked sausage with mac'n'cheese (can be from a box!) and add a veggie side... I agree that it is quick and easy to slice it up and fry in a pan. This is totally one of my cheating easy meals.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Smoked sausage is something I like when there isn't much time. It can be microwaved with good results or pan fried, about 5-10 minutes. Add to heated baked beans or serve on a roll. Ham steak is also a good choice. Serve it with the vegetables that can be steamed in the microwave, or a salad.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Quoting momma-flynn:

Can you make some meals ahead of time & freeze them? I did that before dd was born so I wouldn't have to cook.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

CafeMom Tickers
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Good idea. I always try to keep some on hand for quick meals. I also like to fry up a few potatoes and add smoked sausage, or a package of coleslaw mix, or diced cabbage or onions and red or green peppers or add to jarred spaghetti sauce or alfredo and serve over pasta or rice or saute some diced onions along with the sausage and add some leftover rice and any leftover veggies  to make fried rice.  It seems no matter what I have on hand, I can add it to smoked sausage, and it's a quick meal. Somehow, I've never thought of mac & cheese. Thank you.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Sometimes we will do smoked sausage with mac'n'cheese (can be from a box!) and add a veggie side... I agree that it is quick and easy to slice it up and fry in a pan. This is totally one of my cheating easy meals.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: