Group Home

HELP me please ?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am going to the hospital in 2 weeks,I am trying to make a check list so I have every thing in order for there dad (Lol)I have all there clothing in sets on hanger, all there meds if needed,and phone numbers.I need help with the other things so i don't forget anything.He is not much on cooking so I need easy things he can make.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Tuna melts and tomato soup, pasta with broccoli and store-bought white sauce, quesadillas...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Can you make some meals ahead of time & freeze them? I did that before dd was born so I wouldn't have to cook.
momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Do they have activities? Maybe a schedule so he doesn't forget to stick with their routine.
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Make meals ahead of time and freeze. Or easy crockpot meals.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Crockpot Chicken Soup
4  chicken breasts
2 cans Cream of Chicken with Herbs soup
2 cans water
6 - 8 potatoes, cut into chunks.

Place all ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. You don't have to cut up the chicken. When it's done, you can flake the chicken with a fork.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Ranch Roast

3-5 lb Beef Roast (any kind)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup beef broth
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
2 onions, sliced
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
Noodles, cooked and drained

Place roast, soup, broth and dressing in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Add onions and mushrooms, cook another hour. Serve over noodles.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I was gonna suggest this too. Meatloaf, lasagna, casseroles, soups...all freeze well and are easy to heat and eat.

Quoting momma-flynn:

Can you make some meals ahead of time & freeze them? I did that before dd was born so I wouldn't have to cook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I haven't tried these yet but it was posted by a cook I trust in another group:

Heres 8 make ahead meals to freeze,this is nice to have on hand........

Slow Cooker BBQ Spareribs

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs of country-style pork ribs
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 Tablespoons seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
Directions:
Place pork in resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over pork. Mix together in bag and zip closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
Serve with Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole (which can also be made in advance and frozen) and a bag of frozen corn.

Black Bean Taco Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey works too!)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package mild taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
1 (16 oz) can black beansdrained and rinsed (you could use kidney beans or pinto beans)
2 (14 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
Directions:
Brown meat and onion, drain. Let meat cool for a minute, then dump into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag.
Dump the remaining ingredients into the bag, mix together, and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or LOW for 2-3 1/2 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
2 (16 oz) jars Alfredo sauce (I use light)
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
Serve with cooked fettuccine noodles, green salad, and Easy Parmesan Knots.

Chicken Cacciatore
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts
1 (26 oz) jar of chunky vegetable-style spaghetti sauce
1 zucchini, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
Garnish: chopped black olives, shredded Parm cheese
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve with cooked spaghetti noodles and garnish with olives and cheese. Also would be delicious with Cheesy Garlic Sticks.

French Dip Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2-3 lb beef chuck roast
2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef consomme (it is right next to the soups and beef broth)
6-8 hoagie buns
Directions:
Place roast in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours (or HIGH for 5-7 hours). Remove roast from slow cooker and save extra juice for dipping! With 2 forks, shred roast and serve meat on buns. We also love to melt Provolone or Swiss cheese on top.
Serve with Baked Potato Wedges and fresh fruit. 
 Hearty Beef Stew
Ingredients:
1 pound beef stew cubes
4 carrots, sliced
4 red potatoes, cut into large cubes
1 package dry onion soup mix
2 cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) package frozen green peas
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (or HIGH for 5-6 hours).
Serve with 3 Ingredient Parmesan Rolls.
(I double-bagged this stew because it stuffed the freezer bag to the brim! Better safe than sorry!)

Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken

1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours). Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary for serving.
Serve with Oven Roasted Vegetables.

Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Corn and Black Beans
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
Juice from 2 limes

1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn

2 minced garlic cloves

1/2 red onion, chopped

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours).
Serve with tortillas and toppings such as with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and cheese.
Recipe adapted from Over the Big Moon.
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

hamburger macaroni....
2 boxes of shells-n-cheese
1lb lean hamburger
1 can diced tomatos

Cook the macaroni and meat separate, then when both are fully cooked add them together in the same pan, add the cheese and tomatos, stir and YUM

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Here's a tip... brown about 5 lbs of ground beef and drain (I add onions and green peppers in with mine), then let it cool.  Put it in five individual freezer bags and freeze... pull one out when you want a quick meal, defrost in the microwave.

1.) add to 1 lb cooked pasta and a jar of sauce.

2.)add a big can of chili beans, an envelope of chili seasoning and 28 oz can of diced tomatoes for chili.

3.) add a can of tomato juice, an envelope of onion soup mix, a few cans of your favorite veggies, a couple of potatoes and a couple of carrots; throw in the crockpot for a few hours and you have vegetable soup. 

4.) add a bag of prepared egg noodles and a couple of cans of cream soup and a can of mixed veggies for a quick and easy casserole.

5.) Add prepared (about 3 cups) rice, an envelope of taco seasoning, a can of rotel tomatoes and some shredded cheese for spanish rice casserole. 

6.) add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a half of a soup can of milk, spoon over mashed potatoes.

*Use frozen meatballs... they can save so much time!

1.) throw in the crockpot for a few hours with spaghetti sauce, serve in sub buns topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.

2.) Cook in crockpot for a few hours with a can of mushrooms, a can of mushroom soup, and a cup of sour cream, add some parsley flakes, serve over prepared egg noodles for swedish meatballs. 

3.) Cook in spaghetti sauce, spoon over cooked spaghetti.

4.) throw in crockpot with a jar of brown gravy, and serve over prepared egg noodles or rice.

5.)  Mix 1/2 c bbq sauce, 1/4 c grape jelly,  cook in skillet until jelly melts.  Add in 1 lb frozen meatballs, peppers and pineapple.  Cook 10 minutes, serve over rice for sweet and sour meatballs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690