Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Themed Gift Baskets - Cake Pops

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 76 Replies

Cake pops. Have you heard of them? They are everywhere and they are delicious! Think of the cake pop as the cupcake's little brother. It's a bite-sized piece of heaven - a tiny cake ball that is frosted and sprinkled. Oh, and did I mention it's on a stick? Yeah, that's kind of the best part because everything is better on a stick. If you don't believe me, just ask your child (cotton candy, corn dogs, lollipops, etc.).

So, why not take one of this year's biggest trends and turn it into a themed basket for gift giving at Christmas time? The idea is simple. Fill a beautiful basket or box with all the goodies needed to make and decorate cake pops.  

If you are not familiar with how to make cake pops, there are many tricks of the trade on how to make them. Just head down to the baking or kitchen appliance section of your local department or discount store to find what you need.

There are cake pop tins, cake pop making appliances, cake pop molds and more.  You can buy the sticks in a variety of colors and designs. The possibility for sprinkle and decorations are endless. And don't even get me started about the cake and frosting flavors. You can literally make anything that your heart desires.

Here are a few ideas on what tools you and your friends will need to make a cake pop:

12 section cake pop pan

20 count 8" cake pop sticks by Wilton

Electric cake pop and donut hole maker

Cake pop stand

Cake pop recipe book

As for the gift basket, you can be as creative as you want making sure that the gifts match the personality and needs of each recipient. And remember, a basket is a great way to surprise someone. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

Here are a few ideas on what to include:

Cake pop sticks

A way to make the cake pops, whether it's a tin or an electric cake pop maker

Frosting

Cake mix

A variety of sprinkles

White frosting with a box of food coloring to make different colored icings

Piping bag for icing designs

Cake pop recipe book

Moms, what do you think about the cake pop trend and would you create this basket for a friend?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I'm not into the whole cake pop thing. I'd much prefer the whole cake. LOL! I might give a basket if I knew the recipient was really into them.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I tried making cake pops w/o the pan, and they were pretty sad. Maybe I'll put this on my own wish list.

amyjane22
by Amy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
That's a cool idea. I would do this for one of my baking friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I love the ornament cake pops, how adorable is that?!?!

lasombrs
by Sara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

i have never seen them before. they are cute but to much work for me

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I have never had a cake pop, nor do I know how to make them!  LOL!  But I think they look really cute!! :)

goddess99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I've never tried them but those are so cute!

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I would love to receive this as a gift!  Cake pops look like so much fun, but I can't eat them since they aren't usually made gluten free.  So having the supplies to make them would be awesome. :)

I would also give this as a gift to someone whom I know likes to bake.  I wouldn't give it to a friend who doesn't.

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I am honestly not of fan of cake pops. I feel there is a lot of waste with them, but others seem to like them. It's a cute basket idea for the people that are into them.

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting itsblissmas:

I'm not into the whole cake pop thing. I'd much prefer the whole cake. LOL! I might give a basket if I knew the recipient was really into them.

I feel the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN