Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh and I went grocery shopping today and actually took our time (kids were in school) we stopped at the EGGNOG section and we both looked at eachother and were like: What do you with it?

so yeah my question is.. What exactly is eggnog.. do you drink it, plain, hot, cold mixed with something does it taste like eggs.. can you cook with it????? I really like to try it but was scared to buy one

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I've never tried it lol but i know people drink as is and add alcohol to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Cold, no ice...add a good brandy and a dash of nutmeg.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I drink it in coffee / alcohol drinks like rum or I use if for baking breads
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

You drink it cold, I've never gotten it from a store so I don't know what they do to it there, but when making it, I use four egg whites, half a cup of sugar, a pint of milk, 4 ounces of bourbon, 4 ounces of whiskey, and a little whipping cream for body, then mix it all together. I've never drank it, I'm under 21, but from what I've heard it doesn't taste eggy.

abbie.alder
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

It's good stuff! You can drink it plain, add whiskey, but my favorite is adding ginger ale. 

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

One of my dads friends mixes it with Baileys!  I tried it in the past and didn't like it but my grandma loved it.

AstuteMama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

My boys and I love Eggnog. We drink it plain, but sometimes I add some regular milk because Eggnog can be really rich. And no it doesn't taste like eggs. Some people add rum to their Eggnog. I like it without alcohol since I don't drink alcohol.

roxxyt
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I love it but had to stop drinking it because I am lactose intolerant, they finally came out with a lactose free yeah, oh I always drank it cold no alcohol but may try some rum with it this year haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubsmom09
by Erin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I don't drink it, but my hubby likes to drink it cold.

ashleywagoner
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Drink it cold.mixed with brandy ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN