Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friend of mine lost her fil last night to alzheimers.Some of you now I am an advocate to raise money for a cure.In 2002 I lost my great Aunt,in 2003 my Dad and this year my Mom all to this horrible disease.I have raised $148.Its not much but every penny helps.I hate this disease.I hate what it does to your loved ones.Its a horrible thing to see.I will fight until there is a cure.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Replies (31-33):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

The nursing home she was at was bad.My ds heard a cna threaten a resident.She told her to get away from her or she would kill her.My sister reported but they only moved the cna to another part of the nursing home.I loved the patients!! I would bring them goodies everytime I came.I hugged them and talked with them.They became family to me.Whenever one would pass I would cry.I miss them! Most of them have passed since my Mom(feb this year). Most of the nurses and cna's were so damn fake.They made me sick!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I lost my grandma in August my uncle has it and I'm seeing bits of it in my dad. I did the Alzheimer's walk at the beginning of the month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I lost my Grandma to it also. I am sorry for your loss and your friend's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)