Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age would you buy it for her/him?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

I bought a book for my daughter.. its one of those: All about me books. Explains about first period, first bra, changes in your body, puberty hair.. etc etc.. you know what Im talking about..

I have not given it to her yet.. since I think she is not quiet mature enough. She is 9 will be 10 in march.. I havent found one yet for my son.. he will be 11 in march..

So my question is.. When if you do.. would you give a book like that to your child?? 12, 13, younger older?????

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Give it to her now. Many girls start early. My sister started at 9 and was scared to death. This is not a new phenomena as some say. My sister had her 70th birthday last Wednesday. All girls in our family are given it at age 8 or 9. None have started that early, but they've all been ready. Our 12 year old read the book, we talked about it, she started a few months ago and felt good that she knew what was happening. It's a good bonding experience to read the book together.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Most bookstores have books for boys as well. The book we love for girls is an American girl book called The Care and Keeping of You.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Now would be a good time. I never got warned about any of it and scared me :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

i'd give it to her now girls are getting their periods pretty early these days.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I got my period for the first time when I was 11 years old and it was after a night of rollerskating so I was FREAKED out, so I would say give it to her when she is 10 years old.  With so much hormones pumped into our food, children are hitting puberty earlier and earlier. 

thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Now so she can start to read an ask stuff so when all that starts she can understand it way better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I never gave a book. i just sat my daughter's (4 of them so far) down when I noticed they started cramping..And explained what was happening and the changes occuring. Good Luck...

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Now.Girls are startng there period at a young age.

mom2jessnky
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:02 AM

My 9yo got "The Care and Keeping of You" over a year ago.

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM

oh my im no where near that age so i dont know lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN