Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age would you buy it for her/him?

Posted by   + Show Post

I bought a book for my daughter.. its one of those: All about me books. Explains about first period, first bra, changes in your body, puberty hair.. etc etc.. you know what Im talking about..

I have not given it to her yet.. since I think she is not quiet mature enough. She is 9 will be 10 in march.. I havent found one yet for my son.. he will be 11 in march..

So my question is.. When if you do.. would you give a book like that to your child?? 12, 13, younger older?????

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

i would say 12

sweetpea1269
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
When my oldest, now 16, was in 5th grade, they sent home a puberty book and had "the" health class. I started right then talking to my son about hormonal changes, hair growth, emotions, sex pregnancy and STDs. I say, when they start asking questions, or it is brought to light somehow, its time to start talking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don't know. I would rather explain everything to her myself. My mom never explained anything to me. When I got my first period I was like 12 or 13 and I knew what it was, but it scared me. I ran crying to my brother lol. He was nice about it thankfully and took me to my mom.

sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I'd give it to her now....normal age to start periods or average is like 11...or so....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN