Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age would you buy it for her/him?

Posted by   + Show Post

I bought a book for my daughter.. its one of those: All about me books. Explains about first period, first bra, changes in your body, puberty hair.. etc etc.. you know what Im talking about..

I have not given it to her yet.. since I think she is not quiet mature enough. She is 9 will be 10 in march.. I havent found one yet for my son.. he will be 11 in march..

So my question is.. When if you do.. would you give a book like that to your child?? 12, 13, younger older?????

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

i would say 12

sweetpea1269
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
When my oldest, now 16, was in 5th grade, they sent home a puberty book and had "the" health class. I started right then talking to my son about hormonal changes, hair growth, emotions, sex pregnancy and STDs. I say, when they start asking questions, or it is brought to light somehow, its time to start talking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don't know. I would rather explain everything to her myself. My mom never explained anything to me. When I got my first period I was like 12 or 13 and I knew what it was, but it scared me. I ran crying to my brother lol. He was nice about it thankfully and took me to my mom.

sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I'd give it to her now....normal age to start periods or average is like 11...or so....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN