Group Home

Sick of Insomnia

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have been suffering from insomnia for the past two months. I've stopped taking naps and it seems to help a little bit but I'm tired of tossing and turning all night. My poor husband doesn't get very good sleep because i'm constantly nudging him because of his snoring that won't let me go back to bed. Any ideas of what I can safely do while being pregnant to help get a better nights sleep? Much appreciated!

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM
:[ i wish i could help i have no idea.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Can you sleep in a separate room from him? Sometimes this helps. It may be his snoring that's keeping you from falling asleep. He may need to have a sleep apnea test.

Also tell yourself that even if you don't go to sleep, you must remain still, so that your body can rest. Take a  deep breath, slowly breathing in long as you can, then slowly breath out slowly as long as you can. Repeat. Sometimes this helps. Good luck. 

AstuteMama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Exercising on a regularly helps with regulating your sleep.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Maybe a bath?

aubsmom09
by Erin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Bump!

Keatonzmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

We do have a guest bed that he will sleep in once a week for us to catch up on sleep. My insomnia has been a lot better lately though thankfully so it's not as bad but like just the other night I was up from 2:30am-7pm wide awake. I do try to lay for awhile cause I remember hearing something about what you said with your body resting. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Can you sleep in a separate room from him? Sometimes this helps. It may be his snoring that's keeping you from falling asleep. He may need to have a sleep apnea test.

Also tell yourself that even if you don't go to sleep, you must remain still, so that your body can rest. Take a  deep breath, slowly breathing in long as you can, then slowly breath out slowly as long as you can. Repeat. Sometimes this helps. Good luck. 

pregnancy calendar

Keatonzmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I think i'm allergic... ;) I don't do actual work outs but running around all day with my three year old I think gets me a fair share of it. 

Quoting AstuteMama:

Exercising on a regularly helps with regulating your sleep.

pregnancy calendar

Keatonzmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I practically live in baths as it is lol.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Maybe a bath?

pregnancy calendar

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Maybe it's time for a new mattress or pillow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keatonzmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

We just bought this mattress brand new in January but my pillow is kind of old. I do usually feel achy when I wake up in the morning so maybe it is just that i'm uncomfortable. 

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Maybe it's time for a new mattress or pillow?

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys