Snuggle Up For The Holidays

By UnknownMami on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Thanksgiving is over, time to snuggle up to Christmas and I do mean snuggle up. I could kick myself for not thinking of this earlier, but now that I have, I absolutely have to act on it. You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? Now you know what my husband feels like. HA!

I'm talking about flannel sheets. I love them and since I live in San Francisco where it is rarely very hot, I can use them the majority of the year. I don't even really think about them, they're just my sheets.  I take my flannel sheets for granted.  Until recently, when a friend mentioned that she decks her bed out in flannel sheets for the holidays and I just loved the idea.

Think of the color combinations you could do for the holidays to help put you in the mood (pun intended). I'm not thinking sheets with Santa on them, but wouldn't a plaid with some holiday colors be nice?

Now, I want new sheets. I want sheets that I pull out during the holidays, maybe the day after Thanksgiving. While everyone else is out fighting crowds for Black Friday specials, I can change the sheets on my bed to something that makes me feel like I'm in a Christmas lodge somewhere in the mountains. I can surf the internet on my laptop from the comfort of my bed while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa. Doesn't that sound nice?

The reality would actually be more like me trying to relax in the bed while my kids jump all over me and I spill the hot chocolate down my nightshirt and my husband says, "I told you it was a bad idea to drink hot chocolate in bed." Oh well, I can dream.

Perhaps you think it's silly to decorate your bed for the holidays.  It might be if you got a blow up Santa, strung your bed with lights, and added tinsel to the headboard. Adding cozy sheets that compliment the holiday season doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

I love my bed. I love my time in bed. As the mother a 4-year-old and almost 2-year-old, I'm TIRED! Sometimes the only way I can keep myself going through the day is by reminding myself that in a few hours I'll be able to lay down and relax. The holiday season can be hectic. Why shouldn't I or you be rewarded with some holiday cheer every night?

Have you ever decked your bed out for the holidays?

Image via Kmart.com.

UnknownMami About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • SarahSuzyQ
  • by Sarah on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • LOVE flannel sheets! We put ours on before Thanksgiving. I don't have any holiday bedding, though... It's a cute idea, maybe I'll get some when it's on sale after Christmas.

• Quote Reply
  • GwenMB
  • by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • I haven't ever decked out the bed for the holidays, but getting some nice flannel sheets is a good idea!

A comfy bed is so nice!  A couple years ago, we took a trip where we stayed in a Marriot.  Not something we usually do, but DH had a conference at that hotel & since his room was paid for, we all went along.  The boys were 15 months & 2.5 years & would not settle down for anything.  It was past 11 each night before we got to sleep!  I was so mad that I wasn't getting to enjoy that comfy bed more, it was such a luxurious bed.  After that trip I decided it was nuts to not make my bed at home as luxurious as a hotel bed.  So I've been on a mission since - I have nice, very high thread count sheets.  I do need to get nicer pillows.  A fluffier comforter would be fun & more sheets (since I have just one set).

I keep coming up with things I need to buy when I'm on CM. lol

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

What is your family's favorite springtime activity?