Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO FUNNY!!! (Hater's Guide to Williams-Sonoma)

Quote Like Reply to Post

OMG, this is hysterical. Please read it if you need a good laugh. This is awesome.

http://m.deadspin.com/5959212/the-haters-guide-to-the-williams+sonomQ-catalog

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Threes.Company
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yes, I went with the plain white.  My friend got them for her wedding -- it was on her registry.  We registered for Crate and Barrel plates and 60% of the set was BROKEN within 4 years.  A couple years ago we got the WS white, everyday, restaurant set and not a single CHIP!   They are super strong.  They've accidentally slipped out of hands in the sink and such -- and they are totally fine!  Strongest plates I've ever had, that's for sure.  Our set came with 6 of everything.  I want a second set now for when we have guests over so I have enough dishes for everyone.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Are they just the plain white ones?

Lol, stop your blasphemy!!!

Quoting Threes.Company:

My dishes and bowls and such are from WS.  They're the restaurant everyday set.  Super strong.  I love them!

But, you have to admit a lot of that crap IS really stupid... and way overpriced. ;)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Hater would be correct. We love WS. I actually need to get some more dishes. Maybe I'll go when The Kid gets out of school. O

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM
We have the mixing bowls and such. LOVE them. I bought a set from target, and they are incredibly... Well, they break easily. Cute, but not for this destructive family. Lol

Quoting Threes.Company:

Yes, I went with the plain white.  My friend got them for her wedding -- it was on her registry.  We registered for Crate and Barrel plates and 60% of the set was BROKEN within 4 years.  A couple years ago we got the WS white, everyday, restaurant set and not a single CHIP!   They are super strong.  They've accidentally slipped out of hands in the sink and such -- and they are totally fine!  Strongest plates I've ever had, that's for sure.  Our set came with 6 of everything.  I want a second set now for when we have guests over so I have enough dishes for everyone.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting Threes.Company:

My dishes and bowls and such are from WS.  They're the restaurant everyday set.  Super strong.  I love them!

But, you have to admit a lot of that crap IS really stupid... and way overpriced. ;)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Hater would be correct. We love WS. I actually need to get some more dishes. Maybe I'll go when The Kid gets out of school. O

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I really want to get the serving platters and other pieces to this set now that I am cooking dinner on a regular basis and we are formally sitting down as a family.  Just another thing to add to the Christmas list! ;)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

We have the mixing bowls and such. LOVE them. I bought a set from target, and they are incredibly... Well, they break easily. Cute, but not for this destructive family. Lol

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM
The fruitcake part had me laughing the hardest. My parents love WS & we were just there the other day. The peppermint bark cookies are delish lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Bump for late r
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I thought this comment in response to the Callie's Charleston Biscuits was pretty funny. Some WS merchandise are ridiculously pricey and useless but I've found some of their sales stuff, especially ceramic serving pieces, to be pretty great.
Quote:

. . . How good could these biscuits possibly be? There's a threshold past which biscuits cannot improve. Even the best goddamn biscuit in the world isn't $72 better than a Popeye's biscuit. Unless that biscuit can make you teleport.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Lol
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Lol!! This is awesome.
Fields456
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM
The paper crown is the best part!

Quoting BeachMommy07:

My aunt registered her wedding at WS. It's very expensive. Anywho, this made me giggle:

"These are the perfect fireworks for rich white people. Also, you get a free paper crown inside."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Lmbo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)