Group Home

Smarter Health: Dreaming 101

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

Most mornings, I ask Kiddo," How were your dreams?" Sometimes, she says, "Good!" Other times, she says, "I don't know...I don't remember them." Dreams are a funny thing, eh? I tend to remember mine, and often have repeat dreams, and enjoy very vivid dreams many nights of the week....I've even woken up, then fallen back asleep and went back to that same dream I was having.

But, I read that we forget 90% of our dreams, which means I am having a lot of dreams! Also, did you know that everybody dreams, even babies? Babies won't remember their dreams until about the age of three. Some of us dream in color, others in black and white.

It got me thinking about the meaning of our dreams. Popular dream themes (hey, that rhymes!) and their meanings:

Being Lost - Not knowing your way means you are conflicted about something in your life and aren't sure what to do about it.

Being trapped - Makes sense that this means you feel trapped by some part or situation or relationship in your life.

Falling - You are being uncertain, not supported or insecure about something happening in real life or are feeling overwhelmed. 

Do you remember your dreams? Do you dream in black and white or color?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Silvrshootr 

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I remember a lot of my dreams all in full color

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I remember some of my dreams, usually the really bizarre ones.

Like over Thanksgiving...I had this dream that I told the principal that I was quitting PTO, and she dropped this HUGE file on her desk in front of me and said "Do you see this? I have all these complaints about you, if you quit, I go public with them"

It was weird... it's still weird.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I think different thinkers remember or don't remember dreams. I have 3 very literal minds in my family and they have vivid and strange dreams. My middle son and I rarely dream, well rarely remember them:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I do remember some and I have actually had some come true.Freaked me out.I dream in both color and black and white

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Some of them I do.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I remember about half... Last night I dreamed that I had a tank filled with carnivorous fish, and I was looking for what to feed them. Weird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I remember them sometimes and they are in color.

fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Color. I remember my dreams most of the time. I think it's because my sleep gets interrupted a lot. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

i remember some, i dream in color. my uncle had a head injury about 15yrs ago and only dreams in black and white

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I remember my dreams .. some more than others .. i dream in color and black and white .. and have really crazy dreams while im pregnant !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky