Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Dreaming 101

Posted by   + Show Post

Most mornings, I ask Kiddo," How were your dreams?" Sometimes, she says, "Good!" Other times, she says, "I don't know...I don't remember them." Dreams are a funny thing, eh? I tend to remember mine, and often have repeat dreams, and enjoy very vivid dreams many nights of the week....I've even woken up, then fallen back asleep and went back to that same dream I was having.

But, I read that we forget 90% of our dreams, which means I am having a lot of dreams! Also, did you know that everybody dreams, even babies? Babies won't remember their dreams until about the age of three. Some of us dream in color, others in black and white.

It got me thinking about the meaning of our dreams. Popular dream themes (hey, that rhymes!) and their meanings:

Being Lost - Not knowing your way means you are conflicted about something in your life and aren't sure what to do about it.

Being trapped - Makes sense that this means you feel trapped by some part or situation or relationship in your life.

Falling - You are being uncertain, not supported or insecure about something happening in real life or are feeling overwhelmed. 

Do you remember your dreams? Do you dream in black and white or color?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Silvrshootr 

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I'm sorry-I have some of those kinds of dreams sometimes.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I remember a lot of them... :\ some not so nice which sucks wish those ones I could forget

bether89
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Sometimes I remember my dreans, but not sure if they are in color or black and white.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Nope i never do

sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Some I do and not sure if it's in color or not.

jerzeetomato
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I remember some of my dreams, but I don't think I dream in color.  I've never really thought about whether they were color or black and white.  Now I'll have to try to figure it out! :P

momma-flynn
by Greta on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I have very vivid dreams, usually in color.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM
I do remember some of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. I am pretty sure I dream in color.

LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Sometimes I dream that I am dating a celebrity and I am VERY disappointed when I wake up, lol!  The last one was John Stamos because I had seen that commercial that he is in where the wife is seeing him standing in the doorway instead of her husband (yogurt commercial maybe??). That was a very nice dream. ;)

JerseyGirl511
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I remember some of my dreams, but can't recall whether they were color or black and white.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)