Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you shop Blackfriday, how do you feel....

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 114 Replies
1 mom liked this

About the sales (alot of them) starting at 8pm?
I am not very thrilled about it honestly, I think 8pm is a bit early, it takes people away from their families even earlier then years past. Midnight I was ok with, but this is crazy. I will have to rush to eat and get out the door around like 6, so I can scope out the store and plan. I am still going, but not happy about the times. 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hudson.maggie
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think that it is rediculous that they keep starting it earlier and earlier. I won't leave my families Thanksgiving until I'm ready, I don't need the deals THAT bad.. But we usually leave around 10pm

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I think it's wrong ..

critter_boo
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out brads deals blck Friday it has all the ads and u can plan now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't see how it's ridiculous. Nobody HAS to shop. Nobody HAS to accumulate more "stuff" It is a want. And if a person wants it, I really don't see what there is to complain about.

My sil and I plan to go out. Neither of us really wants anything. Most of or shopping has been completed. We just want to get a laugh out of the craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliMama18
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM

honestly- i dont feel bad for the people going, its their willingness to go that keeps the madness going.

i feel bad for retail employees who have to spend tge holiday away from their family because they have to work on the one of twoholidays that they used to have off.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I am going to target. They start at nine. We are going to have our dinner early. The kids will already be in bed. And hubby wants to go with me but if we can't find someone to stay with the kids then he will stay home and put the tree together so we can decorate it the next day.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel bad for the people that work in the stores but not for the ones going out shopping.It's not a mandate that you leave your family and rush dinner You do it because You want to.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I feel bad for the staff that has to go in, it's really not fair to them. However, when 8 rolls around we are already home from our Thanksgiving at my Nana's, so to be honest I was thinking about heading to the store once the kids are n bed. I'm a night person. I have only done black Friday twice and so far feel like I just don't ever find good enough deals that make it worth it, but for some reason I feel the need to try it again this year lol. 

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'm against it, it can wait til friday

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM

OH I have been planning it out. I look at bfads.net and gottadeal.com

Quoting critter_boo:

Check out brads deals blck Friday it has all the ads and u can plan now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)