Controversial topic- please keep clean

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an essay to write on my view points on my belief on gay marriage. For this, I need some unbiased view points of others. 

Hopefully we can keep this respectful, but is there a way you ladies can help me out by just giving me a reason you believe one way or the other? 

Thank you so much! 

Again, please please please keep this clean/no fighting, it'll really help me out on my paper.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mithsue
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I feel like just because people dont believe in something doesn't mean others shouldn't have the right to do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I always say: let them be.. they havent done anything to me.. whatever makes them happy.. no problem there.

roxxyt
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I think the gov should step back on this. They should be able to marry, have the same rights as my family. I don't like the fact that religion puts their views in either. I believe in God and I believe he loves everyone or they would not exist. I am not religious this is jmo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:53 AM

I think that we should move in a similar direction to what England does and truly separate Church and State. We should have Civil Ceremonies that are open to everyone, no matter their orientation and we should have Religious Ceremonies where the church decides what types of marriages are ok within their congregations...

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:20 AM
I whole heartedly believe that you are born gay and it is not something you choose. God wants all his children to be happy and I see no problem with homosexual people getting married. Its a ceremony that you pledge to love and honor someone forever. The government should have no control over it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:32 AM
I fully support gay marriage. We are all people just because they love a person of the same sex doesn't make them less of a person or a bad person. They should be allowed every right that a heterosexual person has. Sexual orientation doesn't define the person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:03 AM

If we are going to be people that believe in marriage, everyone should be included that. We shouldnt be able to pick and choose for who the rules should apply to.

If two women or two men want to get married, they should be able to. I dont quite understand how it effects other people, that two people of the same sex have a piece of paper that says they got married. I dont understand how people think its helpful that we ban gay people from getting married. If they want to commit to each other, they should be able to, the end.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:36 AM

The main reason....I honestly do not care who is married to whome....guy guy or girl girl. It has NO effect on my life whatsover. Love is love.

sweetpea1269
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I think government steps in to too many PERSONAL CHOICES. I'm not for or against it. I could care less what other people do as long as their views and opinions aren't shoved down my throat (as it seems the government likes to do)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I think the government needs to step out of it. It's a religous issue. If two people want to get married it shouldn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: