Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Black Friday Battle Gear

Posted by   + Show Post

Black Friday is not for the faint of heart. If you're one of the shopping ninjas who was out at 5 a.m. this morning, you know this already, but if you're headed out later, heed this advice: Dress for battle.

Okay, not really, but you want to make sure you are dressed as comfortably as you can be.Here are some tips:

• Instead of a bulky coat that's going to make you too hot once you get inside (those stores are going to be warm with all the people in them), dress in layers: a t-shirt, long sleeved shirt, and then a fleece or sweater you can peel off and tie around your waist.
  • If you're waiting outside, keep your feet, hands and head warm...two pairs of socks, a hat, and gloves. If those are warm, you'll feel a lot warmer overall.
  • If you'll be trying on clothes, wear stuff that's easy to dress over like a close-fitting tank or tee under a sweater, and leggings. You don't even have to wait for a dressing room...just pop that shirt or dress over your head and check yourself out in a nearby mirror. Just don't forget to take if off again!
  • Flats, sneakers, or boots are the way to go...this is no day to show off your elegant footwear!

And whatever you do, don't be like this lady I saw one year. She had full hair and makeup, high-heeled boots....and PJ pants. Either commit to the PJ look or dress up, but don't do that!

What do you wear for Black Friday?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I just wear jeans and a tank I don't usually try on clothes and we go later in the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I dont go but I would wear something comfortable.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM

the couple times i went out...was just regular jeans and sweater and a coat and a small purse very tight to my body lol...didnt have any issues

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't go shopping on Black Friday, but if I were too..I'd wear exercise clothes and gym shoes!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I went once, and I didn't take a coat for the reason listed above. Great tips.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

mostly pj's since i typically don't leave the house that day!

Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I avoid stores at all costs.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Anything comfy

EbonySnow
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I wore lounge pants a sweatshirt and my renfest shoes

bether89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I wore a comfortable long sleeved t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN