it as been 3 yrs i want my stuff back!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

i let a good friend of mine use this

SpotBotĀ® Pet Deep Cleaner
i paid 150 or something for it i asked for it back many times but i moved out of state i told her to drop it off at my exs house around this time last yr she gave me list of reason why she could not. i only use it myself a handful of my times my ex and i end soon after he bought it.  i let her use it before  party 3yrs ago! i want my stuff back or her to at least buy it from me is asking her to buy it from me rude to ask she as use it way more then i have! even let our other friend use it and got upset when one of them offered to drop it off at my old place( where my ex lives and i use to ) my ex bought it for me as a gift so he is annoyed that i let someone use it but they will not give it back!  when i emailed her to night i told her my ex would be coming by or willing to met her sometime in the next week that we really want it back was i rude i am very annoyed about this?

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I agree with you. Its yours.

tyfry7496
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Not rude at all. It's your item and she won't return it. This is why I rarely lend out anything that I want back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

If you bought it .. its yours and well i dont blame you for wanting it back !

thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

yea i do not do it anymore i thought i could trust her becasue she went on and on about a friend of ours that she let use something and took forvever to get back. but yea no longer let anyone use my things

Quoting tyfry7496:

Not rude at all. It's your item and she won't return it. This is why I rarely lend out anything that I want back.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Not rude.. its your stuff..

KristinRox
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No youre not rude.. youre within normal limits. Youve asked for it back mulitple times, and she hasnt given it back. I think anyone would be annoyed.

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I really NEED one of these!!! Lol!!! When you did get to use it did it work well???

And i agree with pp...it is bad to lend anything out that you don't mind never seeing again..kwim???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Oh man I would be so embarrassed to have something of someone's for so long.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I've always joked with DF that we need to take a deposit on things we lend people.  Too many people have borrowed our things and returned them in worse condition than we gave it to them in.

I definitely think you should pursue getting your stuff back.  If she won't give it to you or your ex maybe get a friend to borrow it again just to have them return it to you.  It is sneaky, but it sounds like that could be your only option.

thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

it rocked!! and my ex was going to keep it because he as our dog she is getting old so yea he needs it back we own the condo together so i really need him to get it back and use it it dose better then my big carpet cleaner which he also still as lol

and yea i do not let anyone use anything use i take it right back that day

Quoting jpalmer:

I really NEED one of these!!! Lol!!! When you did get to use it did it work well???

And i agree with pp...it is bad to lend anything out that you don't mind never seeing again..kwim???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: