Group Home

Give The Gift of Good Skin

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 53 Replies

As a woman in her thirties, one thing that I strive for is to have good skin. I want to play down my wrinkles and play up my less age-related features. I drink far more than the recommended eight glasses of water a day, I moisturize both morning and night, and I make sure that said moisturizer has a SPF of at least 18. I may be hurtling towards forty, but i refuse to go down without a fight.

One other key to good skin is exfoliation. I am one to shower at night before bed, and I use an exfoliating cleanser to scrub the day and its stresses away. In the morning, I use a cleansing brush (The Clarisonic, though I have friends who use the Olay ProX and love it). I follow up with my moisturizer of choice and then proceed to get my face ready to face the public.

If you want to treat a woman in your life over the holidays, buy her a spa gift certificate, or buy her some of the skin care equipment that she can use at home.

Do you have any skin care products that you swear by? I'm not getting any younger.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Have good genes, lol. I have good skin for my age, and I'm beginning to do better about taking care of it, but have not always done so. I've tried all kinds of expensive creams, lotions, etc, but keep coming back to Olay. I think their original is just about as good as the newer, pricier versions.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I just wash my face with dove unscented for sensitive skin bar soap.I love it

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I use less base/foundation. When I do use I like the Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation or the mineral powder. I only base it up for special occasions other wise I go all natural for the face and only glamour up the eyes. I still have baby face skin. =)

arpazia
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Water! Oh so important.
Go from the inside out. Fruits and veggies are a must as well!
Wash your face every night, make sure you moisturize
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I actually don't have many.  I use an astringent to clean my oily face twice a day, but I don't wear makeup except for eyeliner and mascara.  I think the Olay products are just as good as any dept store brand.  Drinking lots of water is a must.  Your skin is a direct reflection of  the life you lead.  If you sit out in the sun all summer you will have skin like a leather jacket, so always wear sunscreen.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Drink lots of water.

I need to do more with my skin.  I feel like I look old & tired too much.  I'm not going to wear makeup, but surely my skin can look better than it does without makeup!

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I love the whole Olay line!!

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I must admit .. since ive been pregnant ive not had to worry about my skin as its stayed nice .. but im getting close to the end and im starting to have small breakouts . I love using the black african bar soap on my face as it seems to work at keeping my pimples away ... and its usually cheap as i get it off ebay for around 2 dollars a bar .

4kidz916
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I like the Olay products. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hmm, I am really bad about this.  I wash my face when I shower, does that count?  I don't wear make up though so maybe that helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys