Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give The Gift of Good Skin

Posted by   + Show Post

As a woman in her thirties, one thing that I strive for is to have good skin. I want to play down my wrinkles and play up my less age-related features. I drink far more than the recommended eight glasses of water a day, I moisturize both morning and night, and I make sure that said moisturizer has a SPF of at least 18. I may be hurtling towards forty, but i refuse to go down without a fight.

One other key to good skin is exfoliation. I am one to shower at night before bed, and I use an exfoliating cleanser to scrub the day and its stresses away. In the morning, I use a cleansing brush (The Clarisonic, though I have friends who use the Olay ProX and love it). I follow up with my moisturizer of choice and then proceed to get my face ready to face the public.

If you want to treat a woman in your life over the holidays, buy her a spa gift certificate, or buy her some of the skin care equipment that she can use at home.

Do you have any skin care products that you swear by? I'm not getting any younger.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rushn311
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Mine is horrible from acne and acne scars. Moisturizing is a good idea tho and exfoliating.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I'm 47 and I'm trying something new. Another mom on here swears by her cold cream so I'm trying it at night for my face washing. I'm not getting any younger here and my skin gets dry patches, so it helps with that.

LOswald0314
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I've yet to find a product that works my my skin :(

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Soap and water lol

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I don't have any that I really love, but my skin could really use some TLC... I am also not getting any younger! I'm going to look into the exfoliating.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I use Olay Regenerist.  It's very nice.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I like the Olay scrubber. It's gentle on my sensitive skin. I use products that I get at my dermatologist's office. Not cheap, but worth it.

Bmat
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I use Avon, but I am interested in other products, too.

Bmat
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I haven't found anything that makes my skin feel soft and that has a pleasant fragrance.

chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I apply coconut oil to my face then get my face towel as hot as I can stand it and place it close to my face without touching it. Let the steam work for about a minute then wipe it clean. My skin stays wonderfully moisturized without being oily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN