Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give The Gift of Good Skin

Posted by   + Show Post

As a woman in her thirties, one thing that I strive for is to have good skin. I want to play down my wrinkles and play up my less age-related features. I drink far more than the recommended eight glasses of water a day, I moisturize both morning and night, and I make sure that said moisturizer has a SPF of at least 18. I may be hurtling towards forty, but i refuse to go down without a fight.

One other key to good skin is exfoliation. I am one to shower at night before bed, and I use an exfoliating cleanser to scrub the day and its stresses away. In the morning, I use a cleansing brush (The Clarisonic, though I have friends who use the Olay ProX and love it). I follow up with my moisturizer of choice and then proceed to get my face ready to face the public.

If you want to treat a woman in your life over the holidays, buy her a spa gift certificate, or buy her some of the skin care equipment that she can use at home.

Do you have any skin care products that you swear by? I'm not getting any younger.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Quoting goddess99:

My issue is dry skin on my hands. I use Eucerin.

Eucerin is good for my dry hands, too.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I like the Olay products. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I used to use the Mary Kay cleansing products and loved them but my rep moved and I couldn't find a new rep that was easy to deal with.  :(

Quoting kellynh:

Lol... Mary Kay and no, I don't sell it ;)

BabyTeki
by Nikki on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Yup this is me

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hmm, I am really bad about this.  I wash my face when I shower, does that count?  I don't wear make up though so maybe that helps. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I don't have any tips, but I do know that I come from great genes...my 83 year old grandmother looks like she's in her young 60s.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I swear by Nivea Cream ! Its amazing ! Its firming and softening too ! Love it ! :)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hmm, I am really bad about this.  I wash my face when I shower, does that count?  I don't wear make up though so maybe that helps. 

I dont wear make up either and it actually doesnt help. LOL.

Most foundations in make up have an SPF to block harmful UV rays from your skin....then on another note it clogs your pores and makes it harder for your face to breathe.

I think its kind of up for discussion if thats even healthier to wear it or not.

CafeMom Tickers
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Good genes help!

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No not really. I have pretty good skin and I really just wash it with soap and water.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I do this too.  When I run out of Olay, I wash in the shower and don't wear make-up

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN