Smarter Style: Holiday Trends

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

December starts tomorrow (yikes!) and with it the avalanche of office parties, family functions, and festive gatherings of just about any group you might belong to. So what to wear to these events? Here's a rundown of some standout holiday trends.

Lace: It's everywhere you look, from sweatshirts to fancy dresses, and is surprisingly easy to wear. Pair a dark lace skirt with an embellished cardigan for the office party, with a silky top for a fancy soiree, or with a soft v-neck tee for a family party.

Neon: Holiday fashion usually means metallic, red, and black, with maybe some green or blue thrown in for the colorful types. This year, though, screaming neon brights have carried over from summer. These can be hard on most complexions, so sticking with a small dose like a party clutch or some fun shoes would be a great way to liven up any of those typical holiday colors. Or if you're more fashion forward, a simple black top and tights with a neon skirt would look amazing.

Bare shoulders: Whether cut-out or one-shoulder, bare-shouldered silhouettes are everywhere this season. A cut-out look would be nice if you're not so sure about baring your arms, while one-shoulder dresses and tops are sexy without crossing over into sleazy...maybe don't wear them to the office party, though!

What's your favorite holiday look?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I don't really change my look for the holidays. I usually wear casual pants and a sweater or long-sleeved top for most gatherings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Lace is pretty I don't have a fav I just love a lot of diff looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I am not really one to dress up unless absolutely necessary.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I don't normally dress up either. I do like my Christmas shirts. I actually have two this year. :)

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I just wear what I have in my closet that I am in the mood to wear that day.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I would totally dress up if I had a reason but we've never had a fancy party to go to so jeans it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I like lace. Bare shoulders are pretty, but it's so cold where I live so it's hard to imagine this time of year. I don't do neon.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM
My Christmas party is on our lunch break so we wear scrubs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM

we stay casual during the holidays.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Comfy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: