Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Holiday Trends

Posted by   + Show Post

December starts tomorrow (yikes!) and with it the avalanche of office parties, family functions, and festive gatherings of just about any group you might belong to. So what to wear to these events? Here's a rundown of some standout holiday trends.

Lace: It's everywhere you look, from sweatshirts to fancy dresses, and is surprisingly easy to wear. Pair a dark lace skirt with an embellished cardigan for the office party, with a silky top for a fancy soiree, or with a soft v-neck tee for a family party.

Neon: Holiday fashion usually means metallic, red, and black, with maybe some green or blue thrown in for the colorful types. This year, though, screaming neon brights have carried over from summer. These can be hard on most complexions, so sticking with a small dose like a party clutch or some fun shoes would be a great way to liven up any of those typical holiday colors. Or if you're more fashion forward, a simple black top and tights with a neon skirt would look amazing.

Bare shoulders: Whether cut-out or one-shoulder, bare-shouldered silhouettes are everywhere this season. A cut-out look would be nice if you're not so sure about baring your arms, while one-shoulder dresses and tops are sexy without crossing over into sleazy...maybe don't wear them to the office party, though!

What's your favorite holiday look?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-34):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
We are very casual.
Cecili
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Sweet and pretty~~~

Rain2Rinse
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I bed to find a dress I can fit into for Christmas. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pin134
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I like the lace and I like velvet. Ginnny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)