Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe it was wed.. a 3rd grader from my neighborhood rings my doorbell.. His mom isnt home and he doesnt know where she is...!! He has 2 older sisters.. they have school till about 330pm and will be riding the same bus home.. they are 13 and 15 ( or 15 and 17 dont remember) I dont really know the kid nor his family...Well I did let him inside but  sent him home once the sisters came home..I told him if they needed anything come back up here..!!

So guess what. He is here again.. this time his mom is at work.. I feel sorry for the child but geeze I am not his go to person when mommy isnt home.. I told him as nicely as I could that he needs to let his mom know that she needs to find other arrangements for him after school..

Like I said I dont know his mom, never met this person in my life...

If she would come to my house talk to me and ask if he can stay till his sisters get home ok different story..

I am being unreasonable....

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Poor kiddo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

how long is he alone?  Is it a long time?  If it's like an hour or less, she probably leaves him home because his sisters will be there soon.  I'm not sure what i'd do, i would hate to turn away a kid, but then again it might not be a good idea to let a kid come over when you don't know them or their parent.  If you don't mind the kids, tell him to have his mom come over and talk to you so you are sure it's okay that he comes over.

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting wandep:

I wouldn't get involved especially if you don't know them. I would never leave my 3rd grader home alone. That is just wrong.

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

What is WRONG With parents nowadays?

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Poor kiddo

This.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I would go talk to her.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Agreed, great point!

Quoting dream528:

I think the mom should be aware of the fact that her child is wandering to stranger's homes after school. She may not care, but she should know.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I would say do not get involved.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Agreed.

Quoting aubsmom09:

Agreed, great point!

Quoting dream528:

I think the mom should be aware of the fact that her child is wandering to stranger's homes after school. She may not care, but she should know.

bether89
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM

If he came to my house again, I would tell him that he needs to go straight home and wait for his sisters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)