Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i'm cursed!

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

lately when ever we go out to eat, even just getting a drink somewhere while out, my order is wrong 90% of the time.  i'm not a picky eater, i order off the menu, no substitutions or such, unlike my husband who is always making changes to the dish, yet my order is the one that always gets messed up.

for example; i'll order a cheese quesadilla & get chicken (as a vegetarian that's an problem).  i'll order an iced coffee with cream only & get one with sweetener.  last night we went to ihop & i ordered blueberry pancakes, got harvest grain (which i did eat but still). the server even made a point of asking if i wanted the blueberry compote on top also or just the blueberry pancakes & i still get the wrong thing.

& it's just not food.  ordered some items from a fund raiser a girl at church was doing for school & got the wrong things.  for my daugter's violin & chorus they ordered shirts (t-shirt for violin, polo for chorus).   for both shirts (from different companys) the size i ordered for her is on back order.  seriously?? 

i'm being to feel like i'm cursed!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:26 AM

This happens to me a lot too. Not with the ordering items (usually). But with food.

And I'm really not fussy, as long as it's edible (chicken when you're a vegetarian would qualify as unedible to be clear) I don't complain. I've sent food back 2x that I can think of. But I totally know how you feel, like COME ON, I wasn't picky to begin with, just give me what I ordered!!

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Sorry you have to go thru this.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM

exactly!!  i don't get how they always get hubby's plate right when he subs this, takes off that, etc. & i do non of that.  i order a veggie burger & get a veggie wrap.  pasta with marinara sauce i get pasta with meatballs.  about the only place it never happens is subway.  it's crazy!!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

This happens to me a lot too. Not with the ordering items (usually). But with food.

And I'm really not fussy, as long as it's edible (chicken when you're a vegetarian would qualify as unedible to be clear) I don't complain. I've sent food back 2x that I can think of. But I totally know how you feel, like COME ON, I wasn't picky to begin with, just give me what I ordered!!

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Maybe you need to be a pain like your DH. LOL  "Yes I'll have the spaghetti with meatballs, but no meatballs, and marinara sauce instead of bolognese. I'm a vegetarian thanks" :-D

Quoting lizzig:

exactly!!  i don't get how they always get hubby's plate right when he subs this, takes off that, etc. & i do non of that.  i order a veggie burger & get a veggie wrap.  pasta with marinara sauce i get pasta with meatballs.  about the only place it never happens is subway.  it's crazy!!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM

lol!  your right, i may not have any issues then! ;o)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Maybe you need to be a pain like your DH. LOL  "Yes I'll have the spaghetti with meatballs, but no meatballs, and marinara sauce instead of bolognese. I'm a vegetarian thanks" :-D

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Oh wow that has got to be very frustrating. I am sorry these things keep happening to you. Hopefully everything will start working out soon.

wandep
by Pam on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Sorry!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hope the curse ends soon!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM
That's so annoying! Maybe they're so focused on getting DH's order right that they let yours slide? :-\
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea1269
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
That's a pain! No matter where we go, it always seems we wait an unusually long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN