Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Set your DVR! My round-up of holiday shows!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

My name is Heather and I have a confession. I am a holiday-themed entertainment addict. I will watch any Christmas movie on Lifetime, no matter if I can guess what will happen at the end within 10 minutes. I will listen to The Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack in July. And I set the DVR for each and every Claymation special...c'mon, who's doesn't love the Heat Miser song? I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun, I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One, They call me Heat Miser, What ever I touch, Starts to melt in my clutch, I'm too much! 

I remember when my only choices as a kid were those aforementioned Claymation nuggets of holiday cheer, the Grinch and The Whos in Whoville, and, of course, Charlie Brown and the gang singing around that scraggly (yet perfect) tree. Nowadays, we have a bazillion choices and tons of channels to select from...the folks over at ABC Family has 25 Days of holiday viewing (see the schedule here -- I've printed it out and hung it on the fridge). They re-run many of the goodies, so not to worry if you miss the first run. Other channels have some of the classics too...here's a mini sampling of what I have my DVR set to record:

Wednesday, December 5 -- The Polar Express on ABC Family at 9:00 pm.

Sunday, December 9 -- Disney Prep & Landing on ABC at 8:00 pm, followed by Disney Prep & Landing: Naughty vs Nice at 8:30.

Saturday, December 15 -- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town on ABC Family at 10:00 pm, followed by The Year Without a Santa Claus.   

Monday, December 17 -- Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas on ABC Family at 7:00 pm, then Dreamworks Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury on FOX at 8:00 pm.

Thursday, December 20 -- A Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC at 8:00 pm.        

We'll have a round-up of great holiday movies to watch too next week...Mary Poppins, White Christmas, Arthur Christmas, Polar Express, all of the Santa Clause flicks...I could go on and on and on...

What is your favorite holiday TV show?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Graffizone

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
We've been watching most all Christmas related shows !! We love the countdown !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I love the grinch that's my favorite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

rudolph the red nose reindeer, charlie brown chrismas, the year without a santa claus (love heat miser & freeze miser) and nestor the long earred donkey

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I love any and all Christmas shows

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I like A Christmas Story. Thank you for posting this schedule!

wandep
by Pam on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM

charlie brown christmas :)

mereinhart28
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Love the holiday shows!!!! This post could have been written by me. lol I look forward to tv programming around this time every year! :)
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I have too many! Prep & Landing, A Christmas Story, Rudolph, Charlie Brown...

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Thanks
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Santa Claus is coming to town, Grinch that stole Christmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)