Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Set your DVR! My round-up of holiday shows!

Posted by   + Show Post

My name is Heather and I have a confession. I am a holiday-themed entertainment addict. I will watch any Christmas movie on Lifetime, no matter if I can guess what will happen at the end within 10 minutes. I will listen to The Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack in July. And I set the DVR for each and every Claymation special...c'mon, who's doesn't love the Heat Miser song? I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun, I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One, They call me Heat Miser, What ever I touch, Starts to melt in my clutch, I'm too much! 

I remember when my only choices as a kid were those aforementioned Claymation nuggets of holiday cheer, the Grinch and The Whos in Whoville, and, of course, Charlie Brown and the gang singing around that scraggly (yet perfect) tree. Nowadays, we have a bazillion choices and tons of channels to select from...the folks over at ABC Family has 25 Days of holiday viewing (see the schedule here -- I've printed it out and hung it on the fridge). They re-run many of the goodies, so not to worry if you miss the first run. Other channels have some of the classics too...here's a mini sampling of what I have my DVR set to record:

Wednesday, December 5 -- The Polar Express on ABC Family at 9:00 pm.

Sunday, December 9 -- Disney Prep & Landing on ABC at 8:00 pm, followed by Disney Prep & Landing: Naughty vs Nice at 8:30.

Saturday, December 15 -- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town on ABC Family at 10:00 pm, followed by The Year Without a Santa Claus.   

Monday, December 17 -- Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas on ABC Family at 7:00 pm, then Dreamworks Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury on FOX at 8:00 pm.

Thursday, December 20 -- A Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC at 8:00 pm.        

We'll have a round-up of great holiday movies to watch too next week...Mary Poppins, White Christmas, Arthur Christmas, Polar Express, all of the Santa Clause flicks...I could go on and on and on...

What is your favorite holiday TV show?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Graffizone

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
fraujones
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

We like A Charlie Brown Christmas. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I am awaiting The Miser Brothers dvd as we speak. Hopefully I'll get it by next weekend. We don't have cable/satellite or a dvr..But I have netflix, amazon.com and a debit card. I'd rather buy the dvd's anyway since we may be moving on property soon and there's no electricity. So our generator will be going and we still have our movies we want to watch..Bummer is no internet either but we'll climb that mountain when we get there...Polar Express is my ULTIMATE favorite nowdays, when I was younger it was Santa Clause is Comin To Town, followed by Rudolph. I saw a Charlie Brown Christmas at Goodwill for .99 should of bought it, but thought naw..lol...I'm also waiting to get Jack Frost and The Year Without Santa Clause...

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

home alone...frosty the snowman, rudolph

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

We got rid of our cable when we moved. Now we have Netflix and Hulu. I don't think they have any of the traditional Christmas movies ;( I tried to find The Grinch, but all they had was the Jim Carrey one. 

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I love Prep & Landing.

tayanddyl
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Tfs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Love these holiday shows & the ones on Lifetime & hallmark too :)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM

dont have a fave

Sophie4910
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I love christmas show :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I love all the abc family movies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN