Group Home

A Teenage Dream

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 56 Replies

Teenagers are a rare breed and shopping for the perfect holiday gift for them can be tough. It's hard to know what they're going to like, especially without a "wish list" in hand as you head out to the stores. But, another gift card or electronic device is getting old. I am anti-gift card. It is just so boring to tear into another envelope: teens already know what's inside. So make this the year the teenager in your life finally realizes just how cool you really are. And, they don't even have to know the gift is good for the environment unless you choose to tell them.  

Here are some suggestions to make teen gift giving fun, easy and green:

·         An Eco-Friendly Snowboard or Skateboard from Arbor. Arbor is a line of snow, surf, and skate gear that prides itself on eco-friendly designs. The brand only uses natural alternatives like bamboo, organic cotton, and soy-based inks. It even donates a percentage of profits to environmental non-profit organizations. The skater on your list can stylishly shred while improving his performance.

·         "Rude" Raspberry 100% Organic Lotion Stick. All that texting in cold weather can really dry out a teenager's hands. It's time to give them something sweet-Bubble & Bee's "Rude" Raspberry 100% Organic Lotion Stick.  The lotion stick is creamy-smooth, non-greasy, and is great for hands, feet, elbows or any dry patches. It's made from organic cocoa butter and sunflower oil to soothe and smooth, while organic beeswax seals the deal by locking in moisture. And best of all, it's the perfect size to put it in a purse, a backpack or even a pocket. Your teenager will take this sweet stick wherever they go.

·         The Love Bottle. This reusable glass water bottle is unique because you can write on it. Teenagers love updating their status on Facebook-why not let them update it on their water bottles too. The bottle holds up to 17 oz and includes a watertight swing-top lid made of stainless steel, ceramic and silicone. You can write on the clear part of the bottle or the printed area of the bottle using a permanent marker. Pair it with some markers and get ready to see what your teenagers are thinking. An added bonus, if you choose the Emoto Peace Project Bottle a portion of the proceeds goes toward the Emoto Peace Project.

·         OrigAudio Fold & Play Recycled Speakers. Made from recycled materials these are the most natural speakers you can get. Unfold them anywhere and they're ready to use.  Made of natural cardboard, the speakers allow your teen's creativity to run wild. Decorating them with paint, colored pencils, markers, or any other method makes them true originals. 

So get on out there and finally have fun while holiday shopping for the teenagers on your list. Happy holidays! 

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The love bottle is a cute idea.

slw123
by Shawna on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM

The love bottle is a good idea.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I don't have any teens on my list this year, but my niece will be one next year.  Luckil, she always gives me a wish list.

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Very cute ideas.

arpazia
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Those are cute! Thankfully no teens to by for:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

These are some neat ideas, thanks!

timon95
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM

tfs! no teens here yet!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

My teen would love the water bottle, thanks for the ideas, especially that! 

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

really cute ideas! 

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I like those gifts for me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80