Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Clutch Fashion Gift: A Statement Necklace

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 59 Replies

I have a, shall we say, weakness for necklaces. I feel downright naked if I'm out in public without one (unless I'm running)(running while wearing a necklace would be weird). I like to wear bold necklaces to complement the outfit I'm wearing and I feel that they really do tie the outfit together.

My husband and kids know that a necklace will make me happy regardless of the season, so they will get me (costume) jewelry for Christmas, Mother's Day, and my birthday. I buy myself necklaces, too, and when I do I often opt for the 'ethical' brands. A few of my favorite necklaces are from Beads For Life.

Regardless of where you purchase a necklace, be it a vendor that supports third world countries or an American company that makes pretty things, a statement necklace (or five)(options are good) is a good thing to have in your arsenal. They are also a great gift to give, which is what I do almost every time a friend has a birthday.

Do you wear necklaces? Do you like to give them as gifts? Do you have a favorite?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I don't wear them any more. The physical job I had made wearing them uncomfortable and hazardous at times. Then I just got adjusted to not wearing them anymore.

4kidz916
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I don't have a lot of jewelry but I do wear a necklace when I want to look dressy.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It's pretty but no I don't do jewlry

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I love necklaces!

arpazia
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I have a lot of them but only wear two!
A pink penguin or my peace sign.
I give them as gifts, it's just so easy:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I only wear the Gold heart necklace from DD that says Mom with 2 diamond stars

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I don't wear them or any jewelry often.

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Yes, I wear a necklace every day to match my outift. I usually only give them to my neice, no one else wears them.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

My favorite is my chocolate diamond heart pendant necklace and my Aaron Basha baby shoe that my husband got me after my son was born.

alliesmom112
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

yes and bracelets. I love buying and giving jewelry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN