A Clutch Fashion Gift: A Statement Necklace

By AngellaD on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I have a, shall we say, weakness for necklaces. I feel downright naked if I'm out in public without one (unless I'm running)(running while wearing a necklace would be weird). I like to wear bold necklaces to complement the outfit I'm wearing and I feel that they really do tie the outfit together.

My husband and kids know that a necklace will make me happy regardless of the season, so they will get me (costume) jewelry for Christmas, Mother's Day, and my birthday. I buy myself necklaces, too, and when I do I often opt for the 'ethical' brands. A few of my favorite necklaces are from Beads For Life.

Regardless of where you purchase a necklace, be it a vendor that supports third world countries or an American company that makes pretty things, a statement necklace (or five)(options are good) is a good thing to have in your arsenal. They are also a great gift to give, which is what I do almost every time a friend has a birthday.

Do you wear necklaces? Do you like to give them as gifts? Do you have a favorite?

AngellaD About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • MichelleK41
  • by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
  • I don't wear them any more. The physical job I had made wearing them uncomfortable and hazardous at times. Then I just got adjusted to not wearing them anymore.

• Quote Reply
  • natesmom1228
  • by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • Yes, I wear a necklace every day to match my outift. I usually only give them to my neice, no one else wears them.

• Quote Reply
  • ceciliam
  • by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • My favorite is my chocolate diamond heart pendant necklace and my Aaron Basha baby shoe that my husband got me after my son was born.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: